Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Unemployment or paid leave

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 7:56 am
Our schools might be closing soon which means I can't work since I need to watch my kids- can't work at home with them home.
Looks like I can do unemployment or federal emergency leave, the latter of which is paid by the employer. Does that make sense? Employers need to pay employees for 12 weeks of not working for them???

amother
White

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 8:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Our schools might be closing soon which means I can't work since I need to watch my kids- can't work at home with them home.
Looks like I can do unemployment or federal emergency leave, the latter of which is paid by the employer. Does that make sense? Employers need to pay employees for 12 weeks of not working for them???

looking at the website, if your employer is obligated (seems to be if they employ >50 people and <500) under FFCRA, you'd be eligible for up to 12 weeks at 2/3rd pay.

If your company has >500 employees, I'm not sure you'd be eligible for any paid leave legally (companies may have other local policies/benefits), but you would be able to take up to 12 weeks unpaid and not lose your job if you need to care for a dependent under FMLA.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics