Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Can I brag a minute-I did not spend any trip $ on chol moed
Previous  1  2

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 2:02 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Same actually, but I plan on taking them somewhere Monday if it doesn’t rain that will cost a good amount.

Monday we hung out then took family pictures (BIL is a photographer) at a local park
Tuesday went to cape may zoo (free)
Wednesday went to the beach that also had a playground (free)
Thursday went for antibody testing 😂😂 (free!! Even me without insurance )

My kids are 7 and under.
I can’t imagine truly not being able to find stuff to do for any age in NYC with this great weather. Just find a new Neighborhood and explore. We often go to places like the zoo and it costs us around $100... I have three kids and youngest is free usually. then I see families with 8-10 kids... and the next day they go to six flags ? So they’re spending like $1000 in two days... 😳.

I think iyh as my kids get older and family iyh grows if I can afford it I would do one costlier thing over chol hamoed like six flags and other days would be parks and activities at home. I’m usually fine with spending time at home but we have been in quarantine part two for a few weeks since one person tested positive. We are out now bh but we just have been at home for a month now so need to get out. A

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 3:12 pm
I think it’s beautiful to have a nice outing with the kids twice a year, and I don’t know why I shouldn’t spend some money on creating good memories for the kids.
No I don’t think spending tons of money for a major trip each day of chol hamoed is beautiful, but to put away some money for one nice chol hamoed outing is something I consider important.

solo

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 3:52 pm
We’re on a tight budget with very little for entertainment. My oldest is 9 and just started to have big ideas so Bh we can still get away with parks and hikes... the past few chol hamoeds we’ve been using our credit card points to stay over at a hotel. So our only expense is tolls. Kids love it and it doesn’t exhaust me the way amusement parks do

lk1234

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 4:15 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I think it’s beautiful to have a nice outing with the kids twice a year, and I don’t know why I shouldn’t spend some money on creating good memories for the kids.
No I don’t think spending tons of money for a major trip each day of chol hamoed is beautiful, but to put away some money for one nice chol hamoed outing is something I consider important.

Totally nothing wrong with it. That's why I put this post in finances. It's more for people trying to be frugal, budget conscious. If I had the budget you'd bet I would be at all the chol hamoed getaways☺☺☺☺

imasoftov

Post Sat, Oct 10 2020, 1:15 pm
We are under lockdown so no outings.

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 9:09 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Wow we are all very proud! Can't say the same:) Just the tolls came out over $30...

Same here, I looked for frugal outings and then realized that transportation was going to cost plenty. But hey at least it's better than transportation PLUS fees. It was harder this year because I am afraid of public transportation now, and a lot of free local activities are unavailable thanks to covid. And while most years I could entertain us at home, we were home alone a lot... again thanks to covid. Usually we spend yom tov with relatives and it was getting depressing. So yeah I spent $50 on car services just to spend one afternoon at a nicer park but I guess that's life these days.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 9:18 pm
Can someone explain to me how the bronx zoo was free? I went online and it said discounted tickets for Wednesday were available on Monday after 5. I paid $15 per person. When we got there, they weren't letting anyone in who hasn't pre-purchased tickets online. What am I missing?

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 9:46 pm

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 1:24 am
seeker wrote:
Same here, I looked for frugal outings and then realized that transportation was going to cost plenty. But hey at least it's better than transportation PLUS fees. It was harder this year because I am afraid of public transportation now, and a lot of free local activities are unavailable thanks to covid. And while most years I could entertain us at home, we were home alone a lot... again thanks to covid. Usually we spend yom tov with relatives and it was getting depressing. So yeah I spent $50 on car services just to spend one afternoon at a nicer park but I guess that's life these days.

Don't feel too bad. I spent $100 on public transportation.
(Not city busses: NJ Transit and Ferries)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics