Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
They're coming for you next
Previous  1  2

Genius

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 2:24 am
bobeli wrote:
Let’s hope it all goes away after election

Let's hope THEY all go away after election

Einikel

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 2:24 am
DrMom wrote:
Is there any oversight here? Any independent agency verifying the numbers?

He didn’t say anything like that at the briefing.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 2:25 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Whoa!! She has as many rights to post on any topic, this one included, as you do.

Signed,
A red zone occupant.

Nope. Right now, there is confidentiality, my neighbors have the right to privacy/confidentiality and do not have to tell everyone on the block if they tested positive. That dictator wants to take that confidentiality away from us by going from block to block and breaching our confidentiality in violation of the law. We have our security cameras up, if his minions dare show up, they will be sued. I get that NY courts are terrified of him but I will have no problem complaining about the judges to ensure that their decisions are not biased and anti-semitic. Michigan got a court order against their governor and so can NY. Enough with the tryanny.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 2:31 am
DrMom wrote:
First of all, I have family in NYC, so I do have a interest here. I don't want them to get sick. I am also an US citizen, and have a stong interest in what is happening in the States.

Secondly, we have red zones here in Israel too. We are just exiting our 2nd lockdown, both of which have been stricter than anything NYC imposed. They are not fun, but puhlease: Neither the US nor Israel is "torturing" citizens by imposing lockdowns.

I am very interested in this block-by-block approach. In principle, I think discipline and precise, data-driven approaches are the key to fighting this pandemic.

And we have our chronic rule breakers and people who are seemingly exempt from rules here too. I agree that govt corruption and uneven enforcement erodes govt credibility and discourages compliance, which is dangerous.

BTW, it is was revealed by the Brooklyn Diocese lawsuit that the maps are being drawn in Coumo's office, not by epidemiologist or the NY health department. Also "there is no specific percentage of threshold" when determining zones. This is according to Howard Zucker, the NYS health commissioner.

DrMom

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 2:35 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Nope. Right now, there is confidentiality, my neighbors have the right to privacy/confidentiality and do not have to tell everyone on the block if they tested positive. That dictator wants to take that confidentiality away from us by going from block to block and breaching our confidentiality in violation of the law. We have our security cameras up, if his minions dare show up, they will be sued. I get that NY courts are terrified of him but I will have no problem complaining about the judges to ensure that their decisions are not biased and anti-semitic. Michigan got a court order against their governor and so can NY. Enough with the tryanny.

Don't the doctors who test have to report positive cases to some central authority (along with the patient's address)?

dankbar

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 3:47 am
He wants to go block by block so he can single out Jewish blocks & exclude non Jewish blocks. Nothing about the virus.

A yom hatefilla is being set up because of these gezeiros

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 5:56 am
The lawyer rabbi Smith warned us about this last week.
He said if we agree to mass testing, then the govt will close in on individuals, creating disunity amongst the population. The people testing positive next will be forced into quarantine hotels, away from their homes and neighbors.

I didn't believe him then but now I'm not so sure.
If we do not stand up and push back, we will continue to make easy targets.

DrMom

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 6:10 am
Here in Israel they converted a dozen or so hotels into corona hotels where people could quarantine if they could not quarantine effectively at home.

It is especially useful if you live in crowded conditions.

Most people -- including those who applied to stay there, as well as Health experts -- welcomed this initiative.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 6:18 am
NY is not E"Y

Would not trust Cuomo or DiBlasio with anything! They do not have a good track record when it comes to us Jews. And they've shown their true colors more and more over the past year.

DrMom

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 6:25 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
NY is not E"Y

Would not trust Cuomo or DiBlasio with anything! They do not have a good track record when it comes to us Jews. And they've shown their true colors more and more over the past year.

I agree that they are morons - no argument there.

It seems (now that election season is almost over...?) that they are trying a bit harder to address the pandemic intelligently. At least on paper it looks logical. Before their ideas (housing covid patients in senior homes, for example) were patently stupid.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 6:30 am
Seems that they are ramping up their powers to control before the election. If their guy does not win you can bet their overreach and discrimination against Jews will be exposed and pushed back.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 6:33 am
DrMom wrote:
I agree that they are morons - no argument there.

It seems (now that election season is almost over...?) that they are trying a bit harder to address the pandemic intelligently. At least on paper it looks logical. Before their ideas (housing covid patients in senior homes, for example) were patently stupid.

How is harassing the Jewish neighborhoods intelligent?
Israel is not NY.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 6:58 am
FYI this will lower antisemitism because people who do not have a problem will be able to not be in a zone.

And guess what? When non Jewish areas have spikes and the Jewish areas don't it will also work in your favor.

There are over 900 hospitalizations now in NYS, 30-50% are frum Yidden (and we are NOT 30-50% of the state or city population and should not represent that number of hospitalizations plus we have many ppl going to Yale in CT right now). I know one medical organization has over 250 COVID19 open cases right now and hired 15-20 staff members 2 weeks ago due to COVID19. I know this because my relatives own the organization. That's also how I know the number of hospitalizations.

We needed to gvt to enforce masks because our community will not and we are putting people at risk in our community. I wish this would have happened pre purim! Schools will be opened soon and then the regulations will only be on large gatherings as it should be.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:03 am
I didn't think testing as a group was smart to begin with
and
here we go
sooo tired of all this!

signed
mask wearer

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:04 am
How many people from the frum neighborhoods in brooklyn are in the hospitals now?
900 in nys doesn't tell us anything.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:07 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
How many people from the frum neighborhoods in brooklyn are in the hospitals now?
900 in nys doesn't tell us anything.

My family who run an organization (like Refuah Helpline, Chaim Medical, Relief, etc) have said they have currently as of Thursdsy over 200 open/active COVID (they have other cases open for other reasons) cases needing attention (either oxygen, nurses visiting or hospitalizations and they recommend early hospitalizations now) and that frum ppl account for 30-50% of the NYS hospitalizations (and they visit hospitals and staff regularly and were at hospitals - NYU, Lenox, and Columbia Thursday night meeting with the chief). This does not include the many ppl sent to Yale in CT right now. And they are not handling every patient since there are other organizations and they still needed to hire extra staff for this event (which is still much less than in March but it is a problem). They started hiring prior to Rosh Hashana after doctors and hospitals told then about the uptick in frum areas knowing superspreading at shuls was happening around the corner.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 9:03 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
FYI this will lower antisemitism because people who do not have a problem will be able to not be in a zone.

And guess what? When non Jewish areas have spikes and the Jewish areas don't it will also work in your favor.

There are over 900 hospitalizations now in NYS, 30-50% are frum Yidden (and we are NOT 30-50% of the state or city population and should not represent that number of hospitalizations plus we have many ppl going to Yale in CT right now). I know one medical organization has over 250 COVID19 open cases right now and hired 15-20 staff members 2 weeks ago due to COVID19. I know this because my relatives own the organization. That's also how I know the number of hospitalizations.

We needed to gvt to enforce masks because our community will not and we are putting people at risk in our community. I wish this would have happened pre purim! Schools will be opened soon and then the regulations will only be on large gatherings as it should be.

No one wants to talk about changes they can make they just want to blame Cuomo and Deblasio.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 11:15 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
The lawyer rabbi Smith warned us about this last week.
He said if we agree to mass testing, then the govt will close in on individuals, creating disunity amongst the population. The people testing positive next will be forced into quarantine hotels, away from their homes and neighbors.

I didn't believe him then but now I'm not so sure.
If we do not stand up and push back, we will continue to make easy targets.

He sounds like an alarmist. This is worrying.

BUT, otoh, how about we quarantine for a few weeks and lower our numbers, , or at least make sure no one in the red zones ever leaves their house without a mask and cause less Chilul Hashem and death???????????? How about we ask him that? His email is passaicclarity@gmail.com, I think.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 12:24 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
He sounds like an alarmist. This is worrying.

BUT, otoh, how about we quarantine for a few weeks and lower our numbers, , or at least make sure no one in the red zones ever leaves their house without a mask and cause less Chilul Hashem and death???????????? How about we ask him that? His email is passaicclarity@gmail.com, I think.

Yes that he's an alarmist, yes take precautions to not spread disease.

No on asking him to agree on that. Unless he's your own rabbi, in which case get a new one.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics