Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Agency sending untrained, negligent and clueless aides.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 6:46 pm
We had twins several weeks ago BH, and quickly realized that we won’t manage without an aide, at least for the night.

After paying out of pocket for a short while, we got in touch with an agency who offered to set us up with aides through our insurance, which they did relatively quickly.

The problem is that this agency is sending us either clueless, rude or ignorant aides. One aide is basically only there for the money. She comes in half hour late every night with a “don’t tell me what to do!” attitude. She does the bare minimum and lets the babies scream and cry, forcing me to get out of bed and take one or both of the babies for the night.

Another aide they sent came straight off the boat from a third-world country and couldn’t speak or understand English!!! She had NO IDEA how to deal with or handle babies!

I have a couple more worse stories, but don’t want to say them here, as members of the agency might see this.

When I bring this up with the agency, they have an extremely cavalier attitude about it. “Oh, she didn’t know how to handle a baby? Well THAT’S surprising. We thought she was good!” The agency knows exactly what they are doing and whom they are sending. They are hoping to get away with this and assuming we won’t complain since its covered by insurance.

My question is, has anyone else gone through this? Is this the norm? How and why do agencies get away with this?? I have literally HAD IT with them.

Does anyone have a recommended agency that is covered by insurance?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 6:50 pm
You get what you pay for.
I’ve seen this with my twins, you have to make that decision,
obviously according your means.

goforit

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 8:08 pm
If you are in Brooklyn please pm me.

gande

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 8:23 pm
Had this problem with my special need child so I gave it up . There is a program that u can find ur own aide

amother
White

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 9:08 pm
Are you in the mother's of multiples whatsapp? Everyone has aides.

It takes time to find good ones and right now they are all short staffed. Some of my best aides speak very little English but love babies, BH for Google translate. You can switch agencies once you are approved.

amother
White

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 9:10 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:

It's not true in this case. No one can afford more than $15 an hour 24/7. These women are also getting overtime.

LEMON

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 10:04 pm
I have aide through an agency for my twins. Its really hard to get the right one that fits your family. But don't give up. I tried many until I found an excellent one. You can ask the agency for a new one every day until you are happy.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 10:51 pm
Gosh that is super frustrating and unfair! I
Would keep requesting proper aides, while simultaneously look for a different agency to service you.
Also, ask the agency if you have a lady that you find and is willing to work, would they sign them up to your case. Then you can advertise on care.com or Craigslist and find ladies that have more potential and have them sign up.
$15 an hour is a fair pay.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 7:36 am
What Other agencies are there in Brooklyn?
Also how can I join the multiples WhatsApp?
Thank you for all the replies So far

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:53 am
Curious how insurance is covering it? Do your twins have medical issues? Were they preemies?

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:41 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:

U can also get idiots when u pay out of pocket. Just saying.
These agencies dont know who Theyre sending. They dont know them
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more