Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
The most controversial thread ever?
Previous  1  2

Blessing1

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:43 pm
I think the most controversial threads are those discussing the definition of Frum. Everyone has a different opinion on what Frum means.
CIO is also pretty controversial.

BetsyTacy

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:48 pm
How can anyone else forget the Mommy wars threads?
All pre covid.
You don't need to be frum or Jewish to have these wars, but it was just as intense on here.

Raisin--you harked back to some really old threads--the champion was the freidasima unmasked thread....

tothepoint

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:49 pm
This thread comes to mind:

About sending away older kids after a baby

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....72449

shanie5

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:11 pm
No one mentioned the vaccine threads?!?!?!
Especially with the measles.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:49 pm
I remember a really sad thread from a few years ago. A woman had a birth control failure and got pregnant. She was just recovering from a difficult pregnancy, and her husband was trying to convince her to get an abortion.

He was insisting she get it done, and he was threatening divorce and that he would leave her with all the kids and no money.

She thought that maybe she should get the abortion, because she didn't want the other kids to live in poverty, and she couldn't work while taking care of her newborn.

Some of the posters here were actually telling her that she should abort, that her husband deserves a say in the matter, and that she should do whatever he says for the sake of shalom bayis.

Last I checked, we don't abort babies just because one partner thinks that they are inconvenient. This was a perfectly normal, healthy pregnancy, so no medical reason to abort. The husband just didn't want it.

I have no idea what happened, because OP disappeared and never followed up. Sad

Einikel

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:05 pm
The thread about stacking/ scraping

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....rt=40

jerusalem90

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:40 am
IMO most controversial thread needs to be one where there is an issue and users are split close to 50/50 on sides.

If one imamother says something crazy and one other imamother agrees but 50 imamothers get outraged, that's not really controversial, it's just dramatic.

etky

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 3:00 am
jerusalem90 wrote:
IMO most controversial thread needs to be one where there is an issue and users are split close to 50/50 on sides.

If one imamother says something crazy and one other imamother agrees but 50 imamothers get outraged, that's not really controversial, it's just dramatic.

I agree. It has to be about a contentious issue like vaccines, tuition, politics, luxury vs neccessity, hashkafa or religious practice related etc.
For example, the FS thread AFAIR was extremely dramatic -a real bombshell - that went on endlessly but I don't remember it being particularly controversial. Posters were just totally shocked.

Oh, I just remembered another very controversial thread about intentional single motherhood that went on forever....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics