Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can't post link but google this!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:21 pm
Scientist infects himself with covid 19 twice to study antibodies.

This is so interesting and is proof that this virus is here to stay Sad Hashem yaazor! Can't Believe It

Genius

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:26 pm
What are the results?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:27 pm
They should be studying T cells. We already know antibodies decrease but there is growing evidence that the T cells remain and protect.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:28 pm
Genius wrote:
What are the results?

Garbage from the Daily Mail.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne......html

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:28 pm
Genius wrote:
What are the results?

He got it for a 2nd time (6 months apart) and the 2nd time was much worse than the 1st. He had to be in hospital on a ventilator.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:30 pm
ra_mom wrote:
They should be studying T cells. We already know antibodies decrease but there is growing evidence that the T cells remain and protect.

So only some people produce enough T cells? Some people don't get affected at all by the virus. My mother just had it, my father bh had zero symptoms! Strange. They live together!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So only some people produce enough T cells? Some people don't get affected at all by the virus. My mother just had it, my father bh had zero symptoms! Strange. They live together!

T cells are present in those who've had positive covid cases but they aren't being studied. As consumers and patients, we don't even have a way to test for them.

tweety1

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

My parents too. My mother was sick bh not too bad but for like 4 weeks. My father doesn't even have antibodies.

Genius

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:35 pm
I find it funny that there were practically no confirmed cases of reinfection but pinkt a scientist who infected himself got it again, and it was so bad he was ventilated?! Smells suspicious to me

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:45 pm
Genius wrote:
I find it funny that there were practically no confirmed cases of reinfection but pinkt a scientist who infected himself got it again, and it was so bad he was ventilated?! Smells suspicious to me

I suppose. Even if it's true then this is just one person's encounter

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:50 pm
I know someone who was healthy in their 40's and died from getting COVID for the 2nd time.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:51 pm
Genius wrote:

Most of us who had it March/April couldn’t get tested. I’m pretty sure I had it back then. And then I just got it again (tested positive). But thankfully second time was much more mild.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:02 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Most of us who had it March/April couldn’t get tested. I’m pretty sure I had it back then. And then I just got it again (tested positive). But thankfully second time was much more mild.

I had it in march too! 10 days before pesach. I hope I don't get it again, I was so ill.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:14 pm
Am I the only one who knows people who tested + had trademark symptoms in march. Had antibidies. Tested negative all tests since ( mandatory testing like camp/job). Got it again now, tested positive & trademark symptoms again. Has loads more of anti bodies now, negative test again.

???
And it is not 1 person. I know quite a few & I dont know that many people.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:20 pm
tweety1 wrote:
My parents too. My mother was sick bh not too bad but for like 4 weeks. My father doesn't even have antibodies.

Same here.
Mom had a bad case, father, nothing!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics