Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Easy dessert for 30 people

UPTOWN GIRL

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 6:16 pm
I am making a party tomorrow night with very little notice for 30 boys (20 year olds) I need a dessert that you get alot of and that is easy, as I have other things I got to finish.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 6:26 pm
What's nice and easy when I don't feel like baking is I make individual cups of vanilla ice cream (parve or milchigs both work) with sliced strawberries and raspberries and chocolate chips. You can add anything else you like too. No baking; no mess.

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 6:42 pm
baby chocolate mousse ... quick and easy ... no baking ...

Raisin

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 2:22 am
apple crumble is very easy. You don't have to peel the apples, just slice them. throw some flour, sugar and margerine (can't remebmber exact amts, sorry) in the food processor and mix for a few seconds.

Serve warm with some vanilla ice cream and they will love it.

remeber they are boys, they probably don't care about fancy presentation, more about taste.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 3:14 am
Brownies from a mix....who doesn't like brownies? Makea few batches at once in disposable pans...no cleanup (except the bowl!)

Cake from a mix...in a bundt pan...looks pretty without need for frosting!

I know not everyone agrees, but the extra couple minutes saved by using the mixes can make a diff for some busy women...

pineapple slices with shredded coconut sprinkled on top....even yummy out of a can...

shopaholic

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 7:20 am
Non bake napoleon form KBD short on Time, but you'll need to make 2 or 3.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 9:21 am
jello ?

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 9:23 am
I agree with the brownie idea. Don't knock yourself - just make something from a mix. I love brownies! I'm always excited by a brownie dessert.

BennysMommy

Post Wed, Dec 12 2007, 11:53 am
I guess the party already happened, but maybe someone else can use this idea. I would say do the brownies from the mix with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You can put some syrup or a mint leaf or something to make it pretty. Really simple.

UPTOWN GIRL

Post Wed, Dec 12 2007, 8:34 pm
thanks for your help I ended up making an ice cream roll cake,it was great.but for next time the brownie and ice cream is alot easier.

RedRuby

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 5:43 am
Uptown girl-

Ice cream cake? You did knock yourself out after all! I'll bet it was delicious.

Would you mind sharing the recipe?

Thanks!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 7:29 am
how much did you make for 30 ?

twinkltoes

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 10:08 am
White chocolate covered pretzels! This is SO fast and easy and makes a lot. Melt one bag of pareve white choc. chips in a pot on low flame until smooth and creamy. Dump in handfuls of regular salty pretzels and stir with a wooden spoon until the pretzels are covered with choc. Keep adding pretzels until there really isn't a surplus of choc. any more. Then drop 3-5 pretzels at a time with a spoon into clumps on a sheet of waxed paper. Let them cool at room temp. or even stick in the fridge on a cookie sheet or freezer until solid. These can be stored in the freezer and reused at a later date. Voila!

ange

Post Tue, Jan 29 2008, 7:08 am
[quote

remeber they are boys, they probably don't care about fancy presentation, more about taste.[/quote]

Actually, I put a lot of stock into presentation, and believe it or not, it really makes an impression even on yeshiva bochurim! (of course, you are right that it has to taste good too, or else presentation doesn't go very far Very Happy !)

Here's an example using a mix (nothing fancy there, right?):

Duncan Hines brownie mix baked in 2 round pans.
When cooled, spread 1 container Ready Whip (or whatever it's called - pre-whipped- can't get easier!) over the 2 cakes.
Use a chicken mallet to crush viennese crunch in a plastic bag so it doesn't go flying.
Cover the whip with a generous sprinkling of viennese cruch pieces (I use about 6 pieces for the 2 cakes).
Store in freezer until ready to use.
Drizzle chocolate syrup on serving plates when serving and place slice of cake on top.

Each pie serves 10-12, looks and tastes great, and no one knows it took you just 15 minutes for 20+ servings!

yash

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 12:33 pm
another rendition to the brownie mix, which I have made, and my kids went crazy for, I added mini marshmallows and chocolate chips a couple of minutes before I took it out of the oven. then you can either leave them as is, or smear them around. they loved it, and I have boys.
(as far as my boys are concerned, anything w/marshmallows is a hit!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics