Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
S/o s/o shopping local

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 7:25 pm
Just wanted to chime in here about these threads I’ve been seeing about people writing all their horrible experiences in stores. Just my opinion on this. Unpleasant people exist in this world. In every religion, community and job type. So instead of bashing out “local stores” can we just say -
“I had such a bad experience today with an unpleasant person, and I feel horrible about it! I’m so upset! ”

I’m using the word unpleasant- you can fill in whatever description you feel sympathetic to your specific story. (Rude, snobby etc)

I’ve had rude, horrible customer service over the years in different situations and pleasant, helpful ones. Jewish, not- small, big, in town, out. People are human. It doesn’t matter where they work or what they do they can overreact, ignore, be rude in a case where you felt it was uncalled for.

So please can we stop bashing frum stores in general?

And ps- we are all reading these scenarios based on a very slim, one time occurrence to one individual. How can we judge the situation correctly? Were we there?

No. I don’t own or plan on owning a store. Just feel sick reading all these bashing threads. End rant. Thank you for listening!

Reality

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 8:02 pm
I agree. I've been treated like a piece of dirt in department stores too!

I am very far from a fancy lady. Most stores have vey helpful sales people who want your business.

People are complaining about a small subset of snooty boutiques that would be miserable wether they were frum owned or not. If they were kind to all the plebians then they'd lose their mystique. So I don't go where I'm not wanted and have a great shopping experience in the stores that want customers like me.

liveandlove.ima

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 8:07 pm
actually https://www.imamother.com/foru.....11765
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics