Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Shaving baby hair
Previous  1  2

ladYdI

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 11:10 pm
IVe seen the Muslim or Pakistani little girls with shaved heads. Moms are covered but can’t tell where they are from. You must be mixing them up with satmar!! I’ve never heard of satmar doing that

flowerpower

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 11:13 pm
I know in certain cultures they shave the head if they find lice.

silverlining3

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 12:37 am
Who shaves their little kids head?????

My little niece that needed head surgery had her head shaved....

Please!

Shuly

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 6:11 am
I used to get haircuts from a Chinese hair dresser who had the most beautiful hair. She told me that in China they shave the babies' heads when they are born so that the new hair grows in thick and nice.
I always wondered if one person in China would not shave their baby as a test to see if it was the shaving that did it or if they all just have very good hair genes!

clowny

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 9:33 am
Funnies thread ever! Op, I’m hoping you’re sarcastic and just wanna be funny after all these stupid shaving threads.

It also amazes me that at the age of 5 months thin hair should be a worry. At this point all you should look out for is of your baby is reaching all his/milestones properly. To worry about hair at this age??? C’mon, I hope this is a joke.

butterfly2

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 10:42 am
Someone from Brazil told me her parents did it to her siblings at like a year old. She told me everyone does it there
Cant imagine!

clowny

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 10:46 am
butterfly2 wrote:
Someone from Brazil told me her parents did it to her siblings at like a year old. She told me everyone does it there
Cant imagine!

To shave completely?? Or just cut a little?
Because I did hear that cutting hair often can help against very thin hair.
But shaving and cutting is a big difference. And I have a hard time believing that there are actually people who “shave” infants hair.
And the fact that op heard that it’s a satmar thing makes me Rolling Laughter

Blessing1

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 10:46 am
clowny wrote:
To shave completely?? Or just cut a little?
Because I did hear that cutting hair often can help against very thin hair.
But shaving and cutting is a big difference. And I have a hard time believing that there are actually people who “shave” infants hair.
And the fact that op heard that it’s a satmar thing makes me Rolling Laughter

It's a thing in China. Definitely not in Satmer or by chassidish. A person must be really naive to believe this.

WitchKitty

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 11:42 am
Shave her! At this age half the babies are bald anyway, you'll barely tell the difference LOL
I know someone with really really thin hair and I can understand why you would want your child to be thicker, but at this age you really can't know. When she'll be around 3 you can start cutting it often.

Genius

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 11:47 am
Ribbono shel olem

Roots

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 1:19 pm
a generation ago in my community (bukharian) it was not unheard of. many ppl had the belief that if u shave the babys hair it will grow thick and even hair.
maybe it worked amybe it didnt lol- it wasnt my geneartion so ihave no idea if it really worked

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 1:20 pm
The hair grows back in looking thicker because the thin ends have been cut off.

watergirl

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 1:24 pm
Roots wrote:
a generation ago in my community (bukharian) it was not unheard of. many ppl had the belief that if u shave the babys hair it will grow thick and even hair.
maybe it worked amybe it didnt lol- it wasnt my geneartion so ihave no idea if it really worked

I was going to say this. I had a Bukharian coworker once who swore by her home “remedy” for thing hair which consisted of shaving the head and rubbing on sour cream mixed with a whole bunch of other things. To each their own!

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 1:28 pm
It's a common belief because hair that grows back in after shaving does look better than most long hair. This is because it looks thicker and because it's brand new.

clowny

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 1:28 pm
watergirl wrote:
I was going to say this. I had a Bukharian coworker once who swore by her home “remedy” for thing hair which consisted of shaving the head and rubbing on sour cream mixed with a whole bunch of other things. To each their own!

Sour cream???
I think peanut butter is a better remedy.

And I wonder why this remedy didn’t continue for the next generations to come. (If it really helps)

clowny

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 1:29 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
It's a common belief because hair that grows back in after shaving does look better than most long hair. This is because it looks thicker and because it's brand new.

And a baby with a shaven head looks good too???

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 1:32 pm
clowny wrote:
And a baby with a shaven head looks good too???

Well, yes. Many babies are bald anyway, and they're still cute.

perquacky

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 4:43 pm
Years ago a woman I barely knew took a look at my 5-year-old daughter's hair and, unprompted, said, "Don't worry. It'll grow in by the time she reaches puberty." DD's hair refused to grow long, and was thin and wispy. Fast forward 10 years, and she now has amazing full, thick, wavy, enviable, gorgeous hair. You just never know.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics