Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
YTV vs Chofetz Chaim
Previous  1  2

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 4:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How does Torah vodaas compare to tiferes yisroel with secular studies? Are there any chofetz chaim type parents in ytv? yes, I know they're very different lol but it's a decision I need to make.

what about the pluses and drawbacks of each school? we're from oot and it's our first boy bh so we're not in the know.

I had my son in Chofetz Chaim and took him out because the parent body and kids were too “modern” for our standards. He learned curse words and other not great stuff from the kids in his class.
It’s all about what your priorities are. I’d rather my boy be more concerned with Torah, good middos etc than worrying about the english subjects. All the yeshivas now have requirements for the English dept and any boy can get into college from either one

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 4:59 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Ok op, you can ignore all the comments about the school in Queens. I'm assuming you mean Tiferes yisroel in flatbush

As far as comparing, the schools are very similar as are the parent body. I looked into both and chose cc because the location was better for me. If your child will have more neighbors and friends in cc I would choose that over ytv.
As far as the "cc way", it is a non-issue in the elementary school. It is literally like any other middle of the road elementary yeshivah. They are not pushing any agenda or special cc rules. It's just a really good school.

Both schools have a mix of typical flatbush parents. Both are machshiv torah and have mostly working fathers. Both educations and services are great. Both building are nice enough.

That’s not accurate at all.
CC has lots of parents who don’t dress tznius outside and I even witnessed mothers dropping their boys off wearing short sleeves. No socks in summer is norm also so it depends what op has as priority. It is not the same as ytv at all.
Yes also very wealthy parent body, lexuses dropping off and picking up and fancy dressed mothers.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:36 am
What about looking into Toras Emes?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics