Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
ISO a nice OOT community in a red state
Previous  1  2

challahchallah

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 2:22 pm
meyerlemon44 wrote:
Ideally yes, but I know that’s a big ask.

It was mentioned above, but I’ll second that Dallas might be a good fit.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 5:30 pm
meyerlemon44 wrote:
I think you’re confused about what I’m asking. I want to live in a state with low taxes and high regard for personal freedom. Why is this related to aliyah at all? I hate how every imamother thread gets highjacked by someone who wants to deviate from the topic at hand.

The frum communities in some blue or swing states seem to have good relationships with all officials.
I wouldn't base where I live on that. I'd rather focus on a vibrant frum community.

imasinger

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 5:33 pm
Do you want to consider changing your thread title so you'll get the feedback you want?

"ISO nice community in a state with low taxes and high personal freedom"?

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 5:47 pm
Op I thought your thread title was quite clear- many we know are looking at different towns in Florida.
Hatzlocha

doctorima

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 7:19 pm
Neither TX nor FL has a state income tax. The governor of FL is among the most liberal in terms of not imposing Covid restrictions, and Texans are also renowned for their love of freedom and liberty, so Dallas, Houston, and Miami would all fit the bill.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 7:47 pm
I would prefer to choose a community based on the makeup of the frum community and the schools- not the politics of the state. To each their own. My favorite community is metro Detroit (specifically Oak Park and Southfield, MI. It’s definitely a purple state, but the vast majority of the state is red- besides the large city areas. It voted for Trump in 2016.

wiki

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 8:21 pm
one of my friends married a guy who would only live somewhere where it was legal for him own all his rifles and where the liberal governments were far away.

They ended up in Atlanta and were very happy there. (And then made Aliyah, but that's not my point.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating