Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Wanted to share

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 2:35 pm
9 years ago someone owed my husband a couple thousand dollars through work. We knew it was an open balance, but didn’t want to cash it right then and there, since we wanted it towards savings.

Throughout the years we had some rough times, but we always felt good and a certain security knowing that the money is available if we need it.

Fast forward to today’s day, we are Bh doing well financially and this sum, though nice is not really significant to us.

Recently my husband was having a conversation with the person who owed him the money ( they have constant business dealings) that we still have that uncashed open balance, and he claimed that according to him this was cleared up years ago.

We still need to get to he bottom of what actually happened. But to me there was this huge lesson: the knowledge that we had access to this money if need be really helped us through some tough times. Even if he is right, and we never see the money it has kind of served it’s purpose.

Hashem wanted us to have this sense of security while we were in a rough patch and we did. Now whatever actually happens, happens!

zaq

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 2:49 pm
What a marvelous attitude on your part--yiyshar kochachem!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 4:05 pm
Another important lesson is always to get a loan transaction in writing, even if you trust the recipient.

I lent an male co-worker money over 20 years ago when I was a naive 20 year old.
I don’t have anything in writing, and don’t even have any contact information for him.
He probably forgot about it years ago, or is certain he repaid the loan.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 4:08 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
In a practical vein, another important lesson is always to get a loan transaction in writing, even if you trust the recipient implicitly.

I lent an male co-worker money over 20 years ago when I was a naive 20 year old.
I don’t have anything in writing, and don’t even have any contact information for him.
He probably forgot about it years ago, or is certain he repaid the loan.

We actually have the uncashed check ( which they knew we weren’t depositing right away.)
None of us is okay with taking what’s not theirs, and if it isn’t resolved it will probably go to charity.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational