Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Israel Instituting Two Tiered Access System - Green Badge
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 3:35 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Exactly this.

And if police can kill a Jewish teen just because they decided he belonged to a group that is "guilty," then certainly people who actually present a threat to public health can be told that they cannot wander about as they please.

It's not like anyone is killing anti-vaxxers the way the police killed Ahuviya Sandak.

The Ahuvia story is a great tragedy. It could have been anyone's teen who got caught up in the wrong group doing the wrong things. The police should be investigated, and this should never happen again.

But we can't exactly place him in the 'innocent' group here. The comparison is wrong. He was throwing rocks at innocent people, after all. The police weren't chasing him for no reason.

Rappel

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 3:49 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
The Ahuvia story is a great tragedy. It could have been anyone's teen who got caught up in the wrong group doing the wrong things. The police should be investigated, and this should never happen again.

But we can't exactly place him in the 'innocent' group here. The comparison is wrong. He was throwing rocks at innocent people, after all. The police weren't chasing him for no reason.

No, they weren't.

I know some of the kids personally.

The police received a report from a Palestinian woman that a car passing in the opposite direction threw a rock at her. The police then tracked a similar car, and chased it. The boys ran from the police because they are not known to treat them nicely or fairly. The police rammed the car off the road in some of the most dangerous terrain to do so. It's a miracle more of them weren't killed or seriously injured.

Those officers behaved like joyriding hooligans. They are culpable, and deserve to be tried to the full extent of the law.

rae

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 8:44 am
DrMom wrote:
I want to further address your outrageous claims that this is all some complicated ruse for Israel to commit genocide against its own people:

1. If the Israeli govt (which is democratically elected, making your hypothesis even more bizarre), intended to mass-murder Jews, couldn't they have done that a long time ago? We've been around since 1948...

2. What is your proposed motivation for such an atrocity? (Can't wait to hear the answer!)

3. If the ultimate goal was to murder people, why did Israeli govt spend billions of shekels treating people infected with corona these past 11 months? Why would doctors and nurses at state-run HMOs and hospitals work tirelessly around the clock to save people's lives? Similarly, why would our govt pay top dollar to obtain vaccines, orchestrate a roll-out system that is the envy of the world, and then kill people? Isn't that a huge waste of money and effort? Isn't it cheaper to just gun people down in the streets?

Being concerned, and even vigilant, about your rights is commendable. Seeing nefarious motivations lurking everywhere without rational explanation is a paranoia.

Just came back to try to answer. Really busy day, so won’t be able to come back after.

I feel like you are taking my words out of context. I don’t think the Israeli government is going to mass murder it’s people. What I was trying to say is that throughout the ages genocide started by naming a clear divide among groups of people. Separating and naming who was “good for society” and who was “bad for society”. Instead of having an all accepting society, which we were blessed to have until a year ago, we now have people who are “deserving” because they conform and people who are “undeserving” because they don’t conform.
If you go through world history, this is how it started.

I don’t think I’m paranoid, I’m not walking around in fear nor am I trying to fear monger. I just think this is WRONG. the word genocide is a strong one. But the path that this action is leading up to, does not bode for peace and acceptance.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 9:03 am
rae wrote:
Just came back to try to answer. Really busy day, so won’t be able to come back after.

I feel like you are taking my words out of context. I don’t think the Israeli government is going to mass murder it’s people. What I was trying to say is that throughout the ages genocide started by naming a clear divide among groups of people. Separating and naming who was “good for society” and who was “bad for society”. Instead of having an all accepting society, which we were blessed to have until a year ago, we now have people who are “deserving” because they conform and people who are “undeserving” because they don’t conform.
If you go through world history, this is how it started.

I don’t think I’m paranoid, I’m not walking around in fear nor am I trying to fear monger. I just think this is WRONG. the word genocide is a strong one. But the path that this action is leading up to, does not bode for peace and acceptance.

Except that you're wrong.

When I had a baby during the measles outbreak, my family was not "deserving" and when I complained of being stuck I was ridiculed and degraded. During the measles outbreak, my friends who had children or family members who were immunocompromised were told that their family members should not go to work or school, because no one else should have to vaccinate or stay away from public places just because a few people might get sick and die.

Society was never accepting, but because the percentage of people who lives were seriously negatively impacted was low, no one really cared. So they weren't deserving, despite their best attempts to conform - but who cares? So long as the non-conformers could do what they wanted, the rest of the conformers might feel bad for them, but really, no big deal.

The only thing that's changed now is that the tables are flipped, and many more people than just the immunocompromised are at risk and feel concerned for their health.

Now instead of the vulnerable would-be-conformers being worried and everyone brushing them off, a large segment of the population is worried and taking it seriously.

Now instead of the vulnerable and would-be-conformers (and conformers' babies) being at risk of their health and lives, it is the non-conformers at risk of not being able to do whatever they want, whenever they want.

But society was never accepting and there was always a division between "deserving" and "non-deserving" people. You just don't like that who we define as "deserving" and "non-deserving" is starting to change, or that the people who society deems not acceptable at the moment are not the ones YOU deem not acceptable.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics