Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Nyc to TLV - Israeli citizen
Previous  1  2

Elfrida

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 7:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I need some assistance. My mom flew into NYC last week. She needs to fly back to Israel. She needs assistance in obtaining approval.

She is an Israeli Citizen and received 2 covid vaccines. No green passport. Chaim VChesed wasnt helpful.

If she had two vaccines in Israel she can download the green passport from Misrad HaBriuts's website, whichever country she is in. It won't help her with re-entering the country, but if she gets a permit it may help with an exemption from bidud. (Or might not with the new mutations coming out.)

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 7:45 am
As well, you may be Israeli but you have to have received both vaccines IN Israel, otherwise, they don't count at the moment.

The problem is that last week alone over 40-50 people flew into Israel, with a permit, boasting to others how they had purchased false documentation. One flight ended up with 11 COVID positive passengers. (total morons!) So they are being stricter now. Quite a few of these people were deported by the way. Forget your stuff and life here, turned around and sent back to the States.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 7:50 am
Elfrida wrote:
If she had two vaccines in Israel she can download the green passport from Misrad HaBriuts's website, whichever country she is in. It won't help her with re-entering the country, but if she gets a permit it may help with an exemption from bidud. (Or might not with the new mutations coming out.)

Thank you.

My mother left Israel before the 60 day rule. When she got permission to leave no one told her thay she will have a problem going back.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 7:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you.

My mother left Israel before the 60 day rule. When she got permission to leave no one told her thay she will have a problem going back.

When did she leave? The airport has been closed except for special exceptions for over a month now.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 7:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you.

But you said that she left last week, there have been severe restrictions on flights going in and out of Israel since late January. I don’t think much has changed in the past week.

abound

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 7:57 am
they are talking about easing up in the next week or two, Chaim Vechessed made it clear they cannot help people in this situation. There is no pull. You can only communicate with the vaada by the internet link and they have final decision, no way to put pressure on them unless you personally know someone on the vaada ....

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 8:00 am
chanchy123 wrote:
But you said that she left last week, there have been severe restrictions on flights going in and out of Israel since late January. I don’t think much has changed in the past week.

She left the week of the 14th. I posted originally Motzei Shabbos. There was no 60 day rule when she left.

She had a valid reason for leaving. It was approved. There is a concern about getting approval for going back home.

(Side note: I did talk to my mom when she started making arrangements to fly to NY. I asked her about the plan for going home. She was to overwhelmed to think about it. )

Elfrida

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 8:01 am
There's two options.

Either she left Israel some time in January, before the airport was closed, and has been travelling around America and only flew into New York a week ago.

Or she just thought that a permit to leave autimatically meant that she also had a permit to return, which in normal times might be quite a logical way of thinking.

Either way, right now she needs a special permit, and they are not easy to get, unless they decide to allow people back in order to vote.

My friend was in England when the airport closed with virtually no notice. She is a nurse, which gives her automatic proteczia, because they wanted her back at work as soon as possible. It still took her a few weeks to get on to one of the rescue flights.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 8:26 am
juggling wrote:
I missed that in the OP, that she only left a week ago. To the best of my knowledge people are only being granted exit permits if they commit to not returning for 60 days. If she signed that she won't return for 60 days, why does she need to come back now? Has something urgent come up? Or did she just not realize they were serious?

The 60 days is just for dual citizens who leave without applying for an exit permit. In that case they need to sign a declaration that they won't return for 60 days (unless the airport reopens.)

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 8:28 am
She needs to complete this form in order to get back: https://govforms.gov.il/mw/for.....ov.il

Many are waiting weeks to get approved. The fact they considered her original request to leave as important might make it easier. Who knows.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics