Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Traveling from UK to US

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 10 2021, 9:33 pm
Does anyone in the uk have updated info on travel? I'm making a simcha in the US next week and would love my vaccinate mil to attend.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 3:13 am
Mazeltov! AFAIK Boris is fining people £5000 for travelling without a legal reason (whatever that is), and someone told me anecdotally yesterday that people go to the airport with request forms but no guarantee that they can actually get on the plane....

Elfrida

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 3:24 am
I think the earliest date proposed for leisure travel in the UK is May 17th. Even that isn't certain, but no earlier. Then there will be green list of countries where travel is permitted. They hope to publish that list within the coming weeks

Raisin

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 5:47 am
The USA is not letting in non Americans anyway from red list countries including the UK. She would have to spend 2 weeks in another country first.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 6:02 am
All info is on the government website

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 7:41 am
Thanks everyone. I did look at the website but the info is not so clear. Didn't think she'd be able to come but wanted to know if I was missing anything

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:18 am
I personally know of many families who went to the USA for Pesach (one spouse was a US citizen) and none of them had a problem leaving the country. They were not even asked why they are travelling nor asked to see proof of reason for travelling.
Basically, the airport personnel are NOT enforcing the government regulations

Non Americans can apply for permission to enter the USA, based on a valid reason. I know of quite a few people who have actually done this They apply via the US Embassy in Brussels.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics