Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Cutting vegetables for a salad
Previous  1  2

Do you use a knife and cutting board when making a salad?
yes- its way easier then having to schlep down a machine  
 88%  [ 142 ]
yes- it hurts but Im too lazy to take out any fancy apparatus  
 3%  [ 5 ]
no- are you kidding? times have changed my dear!  
 8%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 160

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:33 am
tigerwife wrote:
Always a knife and plate. You won’t find me making cakes or cookies in my Bosch either, I mix by hand or with a whisk. Must be dishwashingphobia.

This. Good knife and a disposable plate. Very Happy

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, May 02 2021, 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 9:34 am
Cutting salad on a plate ruins your plate in the long run.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 9:36 am
[quote="Bnei Berak 10"]Cutting salad on a plate ruins your plate in the long run.[/quote

Not if it's a paper plate

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:58 am
It depends on the type of salad I'm making.

I love my combination mandoline / dicer. If you run it under cold water as soon as you're done using it, it cleans up pretty quickly. Just watch your fingers! Surprised

https://www.amazon.com/Sedhoom.....r=8-1

Tzutzie

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 6:24 pm
Just a knife. I have dark black granite counter tops. I always clean them with a disinfectant and lots of water. Dry with a small handheld squeegee. And use my counter as my chopping board. Right next to the sink. Most convenient thing ever!!!

MiracleMama

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 6:33 pm
alwayssmiling wrote:
I was cutting up a salad for supper yesterday using my trusty knife and cutting board . the whole time I was thinking about how much my hand hurts and how I should take down my vegetable chopper but I was too lazy Smile! So I suffered all the way through rachmana litzlan. was wondering if I'm the only one?

Depends. On the type of veggies I'm slicing and the volume. Is this a salad for me or for 20 guests? For smaller salads I will use a knife, maybe a mandolin if I want finely sliced. I wouldn't schlep out the food processor unless I was making a very large volume, or maybe if I had several veggies I wanted shredded rather than sliced. Sometimes I'll use the processor to shred a large volume of raw carrots, radishes and beets and store each in containers to add to salad over several days.

sabertooth

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:49 pm
Just a knife. I cut the veggies in my hands. I don’t want to wash the cutting board!! I’m allergic to dishes

amother
Oak

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 9:37 pm
Mostly just with my hands no board or plate. Once in a while on a plate. Dont own a cutting board

Simple1

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 9:45 pm
If you have a good knife, cutting is easy. Otherwise it's a literal pain. It doesn't have to be expensive, but needs to be the right one. I love the inexpensive medium sized knives I got from Center of Town Lakewood.

lucky14

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:10 pm
Knife and cutting board. I eat so many fruits and veggies my cutting board is a permanent fixture on my counter.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen