Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Gnocchi

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:16 pm
I got frozen ready made gnocchi in a food box (thanks Corona) and have no idea how to prepare it. I’d use it on shavuos as a meat/ Pareve side dish. Any recipes or ideas would be appreciated. The simpler the better. Thanks!

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:26 pm
first you have to cook it by box instructions, then I sautee it with a mix of different mushrooms and herbs and garlic. heaven!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:38 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
first you have to cook it by box instructions, then I sautee it with a mix of different mushrooms and herbs and garlic. heaven!

Sounds yum! Can it be made in advance? Can you share specifics?

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:56 pm
I find it best not to make gnocchi in advance, it can get either stale or soggy depending on the dish. It’s best fresh

I use this recipe a lot, it’s so delicious. Takes about half an hour. I substitute margarine for the butter, and use a parve whipping cream instead of heavy cream

https://www.lecremedelacrumb.c.....llet/

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 12:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sounds yum! Can it be made in advance? Can you share specifics?

like cobalt said- better fresh
I basically cook gnocchi, and then in olive oil, sautee a mix of sliced mushrooms... I used to use oyster, shiitake, bella...but now hear there are bug problems with oyster and shiitake. so I just use sliced fresh mushrooms or sliced bella mushrooms. I sautee them with some fresh garlic. then I add salt pepper, sprinkle thyme, basil and parsley...sometimes oregano... really any herb combo you like... once thats all done, I add the cooked gnocchi and sautee til its golden brown on both sides. and thats it!
make sure to use olive oil, makes all the difference more than canola
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics