Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
I hate hosting!!
Previous  1  2

Bubby6

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 1:35 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Do you like being hosted? Then you also need to host.

Couldn't disagree more. There are no rules. Some like to host only, some like to be hosted and some like to be left alone. It also varies with stages of life and what else is going on.

Some will be hosted by A but will host B!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 1:42 am
Bubby6 wrote:
Couldn't disagree more. There are no rules. Some like to host only, some like to be hosted and some like to be left alone. It also varies with stages of life and what else is going on.

Some will be hosted by A but will host B!

True. I've already said it upthread but here's a scenario
Were hosting my sil for shabbos and bil for two day meals on yuntif. Night is my husband's friends
Imagine being told that I cant host unless I go out! Dh hates it and so do I so why do we need to go thru the hell of being invited out only to do what we love?

amother
Oak

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 3:01 am
Oh, I can so relate.
DH is in kiruv and part of his job is Shabbos hosting.
I. Can't. Stand. It.
But, in truth, until the pandemic came I didn't realize exactly how much I hate it! (If they makes sense!)
NOT hosting during this whole year has made me realize exactly how stressful it is!
I'm not looking forward to having to deal with it again, whenever that is.

Raisin

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 4:31 am
I host a lot because I am a Shlucha, but this year, hardly having guests, has taught me that a: I really miss hosting and b: I can make much simpler meals and people will be happy. Even the simplest meal I have made this year for shabbos has still been nice enough for guests. c. I still need to cook for shabbos, whether or not I have guests.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 7:44 am
I am the same way! My friend just invited my family of 6 for a shavuos seuda
She has had us over in past.
I never had them.
I am a very simple cook and I feel it would be stressful to figure out what to make. I have a single man over often. But a family???
I apologized but my friend insisted it is fine and she loves to host regardless

Ema of 5

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 7:55 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Do you like being hosted? Then you also need to host.

Some people only host, some people only go out, some do both, and some do neither. We only host, we don’t ever go out. This tit for tat bothers me so much. The rule is you need to do what works best for you and your family.
OP, you said there is no Eruv so I assume that means there is someone in a stroller. Can some of your kids go over in the afternoon to this family that wants to spend time with you?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette