Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Vanilla is by far my least favorite ice cream flavor.
Previous  1  2  3

Do you like vanilla ice cream?
No, it's too cloyingly sweet  
 5%  [ 8 ]
No, I don't like the vanilla bean itself  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Yes, I love it and it's my favorite  
 35%  [ 51 ]
Yes, but I prefer other flavors  
 37%  [ 53 ]
DO NOT DARE INSULT VANILLA! WHAT DO YOU EVEN MEAN, IT'S THE BEST OUT THERE! ICE CREAM IS SUPPOSED TO BE SWEET, YOU MONSTER!  
 12%  [ 18 ]
Other/Neutral  
 7%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 142

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:46 pm
How dare you

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:48 pm
654785 wrote:
How dare you

I knew I would be persecuted by close minded people.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:48 pm
I don’t love ice cream. The only flavor I eat is vanilla and it’s variations like vanilla cookie dough. I don’t like chocolate either🤷‍♀️

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:51 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Not surprising since so much *kosher* food is really awful quality. It would not be considered palatable to most people who weren't kosher.

I think the most egregious would be Chinese food since kosher Chinese food at a restaurant is essentially the kind of low quality fast food Chinese sold at places like Panda Express. Tuna and salmon can be good in sushi but most of the other sushi concoctions at kosher sushi places is similarly not very good - especially the ones made with fake crab.

ETA - I am not criticizing home cooking as that can be delicious but kosher restaurants for the most part know they have a captive audience and so the standards are not very high since they have little competition for the "gourmet" food.

Of course kosher deli is delicious as are the traditional "Jewish" soul foods like good rye, good challah, all of the fish type of appetizing (lox, whitefish, sable, herring etc.)

I have lots of non jewish friends that live in jewish areas and go to kosher restaurants and fast food places all the time just because they like it. The quality can’t be that bad ...

shanarishona

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:51 pm
I am not a vanilla person-
But, the best vanilla ice cream I’ve had is almond dream vanilla.
Excellent

shanarishona

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:55 pm
I love mint chocolate chip
French silk
Cookie dough
Gold metal ribbon
Fudge brownie ones

(I am also currently limited in my ice cream choices due to health reasons- but just listing ones I like/liked)

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 6:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I knew I would be persecuted by close minded people.

Ahem I beg to differ, it is clearly you who are close minded. Nobody attacked your preferred ice cream choices.

#privileged
#equality4all
#vanilla4ever

jerusalem90

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 2:25 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Plain vanilla is a canvas. French vanilla is always superior, especially when you can see the little specks of vanilla bean.

From there, let your imagination run wild! It's not just about toppings, either.

Let it get slightly softened, just enough that you can stir it with some effort. Swirl in your favorite flavors, and then you can make your own gourmet mixes. Refreeze as soon as you get your blend right. You don't want to the ice cream to lose it's structure.

Apparently, in Israel mint chocolate chip ice cream is not a thing. I've searched high and low for 6 years, to no avail. I've heard rumors about a shop in Tel Aviv that makes their own, but I'm not traveling for 2 hours for an ice cream cone.

Mint liqueur and finely chopped dark chocolate work just as well when you add it to vanilla.

Necessity is the mother of invention. Ice cream Very Happy

(I also make my own fruit sorbet and granita. The commercial ones are cloyingly sweet, and I wonder how much, if any, fruit is actually in there.)

קצפת in Jerusalem has mint chocolate chip

Beit Hakerem branch at least, not sure about others
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen