Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Shortcuts to an organized house
Previous  1  2

cbg

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 6:17 pm
Every person makes their bed EVERYDAY

When I lived in a 2 story house I use to keep a box in the down stairs closet. Anything out of place that wasn’t easier to put away would go into that box. Easy enough for little kids to do. Then at the end of the day everyone needs to take their stuff and put it away

I keep a small box in my closet
When I see something I can’t or don’t want to wear anymore I put it in the box. When the box is full out it goes

OOT

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 6:47 pm
Don’t buy anything unless you know where you’re going to keep it. Okay, at least I try to do this. Doesn’t always work lol.

shaqued_almond

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 10:28 pm
Make kids clean up before they can do another activity or see friends

zaq

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 10:32 pm
I would just like to point out that the Hakol B'Seder hotline is a superb example of how not to speak on the phone. The person who made the recording speaks at bullet-train speed and in a strong regional accent. Well, her accent she can't help but it's exacerbated by the speed with which she speaks. Where's the fire? For a minute I thought I had the wrong number; it took me a bit to realize she was speaking English.

cbg

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 10:41 pm
zaq wrote:
I would just like to point out that the Hakol B'Seder hotline is a superb example of how not to speak on the phone. The person who made the recording speaks at bullet-train speed and in a strong regional accent. Well, her accent she can't help but it's exacerbated by the speed with which she speaks. Where's the fire? For a minute I thought I had the wrong number; it took me a bit to realize she was speaking English.

I’m happy to hear it’s not only me

healthy18

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 10:44 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Tips for keeping things clean

Using disposable bakeware and plasticware.

Disposable tablecloths. When I get to roll up all the garbage and presto! clean tablecloths, I am very happy.

Drop-ins to the tanks so toilets stay fresher between scrubbing.

Mr Clean Erasers on bathtubs and stovetops when no koach to scrub.

Wipes for kids to wipe down bathrooms each day.

Swiffer wet pads to wash floors.

Everybody helps take off and put linen back on.

Kids fold laundry with folding boards put on some music; it's a fun group activity for the whole family together.

ETA: If you're out of the house during the day, a Roomba will become your best friend (not so if you are home when it's running).

What are the drop ins for the toilets? Do you have a link? Also what other bathroom cleaners are good to use in general?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 12:01 am
I haven't called that hotline in 10 years, sorry if it's not up to standards. Smile

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 12:02 am
healthy18 wrote:
What are the drop ins for the toilets? Do you have a link? Also what other bathroom cleaners are good to use in general?

These are dropped into the tank and the toilet gets swirled every time you flush. You still have to clean but nowhere as often.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Scr.....67882

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:26 am
Be careful about tzoveiya issues on shabbos.

carnation

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 10:33 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Be careful about tzoveiya issues on shabbos.

Is it an issue to use on Shabbos? I've been thinking of using those drop-ins for years now but never got to the bottom of this

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:17 am
I grew up learning there's an issue with the blue drop ins. I use a clear gel stamp to help my toilets, I don't know if there are clear drop ins.

cholenteater

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:24 am
tp3 wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X4F6R3T/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=imamothercom-20&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B07X4F6R3T&linkId=7c0894bf2c362980b89d688c9599bfa2
This laundry hamper
It keeps my laundry under control

Thank you so much, just ordered

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:25 am
I was told it's not permanent and ok but there are clear drop ins with bleach that I never bought since I don't want to risk a splash bleaching anything.

carnation

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:39 am
ra_mom wrote:
I was told it's not permanent and ok but there are clear drop ins with bleach that I never bought since I don't want to risk a splash bleaching anything.

Thanks, I'll try to find the clear ones. Bleach is not a problem for me. No young kids in my household.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:42 am
carnation wrote:
Thanks, I'll try to find the clear ones. Bleach is not a problem for me. No young kids in my household.

https://www.target.com/p/cloro.....10164
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics