Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Trying on clothes with shaitel or tichel
Previous  1  2

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 7:32 pm
I miss Loehmann's!!!!

Oldest

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 10:02 am
I take off my shaitel while changing. If I need to leave the changing room for better mirrors I put it back on

wiki

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 10:46 am
When I was newly married I would always go in a snood or mitpachat, but I found that mitpachot are a pain because they get all askew. And with either covering, it was hard to tell how the clothing looked. I wear a sheitel to work and on Shabbos, and it's really hard to tell how the clothing looks on you without the sheitel on too.

If I'm buying casual clothing, I'll go in a snood. But if I'm buying anything for work/Shabbos/formal, I wear my sheitel. Yes, the sheitel looks a little bit rough at the end, but it's nothing that a brush can't resolve.

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 11:10 am
I take off my sheitel in the private room and then try on the clothes and put my sheitel back on (but not fully or adjusted, not with pony tucked in nicely). Then I go out to look at how the clothing looks. Repeat as many times as necessary until all the clothing is tried on.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics