Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for Dr

Aliza817

Post Mon, Aug 29 2005, 5:11 pm
I had a baby 2 weeks ago and I want to get my Dr a gift. I had a lot of complications with my pregnancy and if it wasn't for her I could have possibly died, so I want to show my appreciation. Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of getting her the Tfilah for a Dr but I'm sure she has tons of those already. I think there was once a topic on this but I can't find it.

queen

Post Mon, Aug 29 2005, 5:22 pm
mazel tov on your new baby, and I'm glad to know you're all right! that must have been very scary.

Can you send her a nice basket of candy, or bouquet of flowers for shabbos with a note?

or a gift certificate to a store where she can get some sort of pampering service for herself (if this is something she'd enjoy!)

carrot

Post Mon, Aug 29 2005, 5:56 pm
if possible, I would try to get her something which has to do with her interests or personality (rather than just her profession as a doctor - because as you said she probably has tons of those kind of things already.)

I say "if possible" because you would have to know her pretty well to know what she might like.

thinking along the lines of gift certificates, maybe a gift certificate to a nice restaurant?

whatever you decide to give her, the gift itself probably doesn't matter as much as a well-written note expressing your gratitude.

basmalkah

Post Mon, Aug 29 2005, 6:56 pm
I just gave my OB/GYN the book "Expecting Miracles" - he was so happy! Maybe the book w/ something small - if your doctor is the type to appreciate some of the stories in that book.

Aliza817

Post Mon, Aug 29 2005, 7:06 pm
The thing is I don't really know my Dr so well. This was my first pregnancy so it's not like I've known her for 10 years. And I had so many complications that I never had the time to get to know her bc every appointment was always so serious.

I like the idea of flowers for Shabbos. Now I just need to think of what to write on the card!

basmalkah

Post Mon, Aug 29 2005, 7:14 pm
There's nothing like a simple "Thank You".

queen

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 7:56 am
basmalkah wrote:
There's nothing like a simple "Thank You".

personally, I feel that just to say "thank you" is so easy, and in todays world, where e/o just say's "thank you, thank you, thank you...." that unless one breaks the monotony, and does something WHICH TAKES EFFORT, it doesn't really mean anything.

writing a card, getting a gift DOES take effort.
Just saying those two words doesn't take any effort.

1stimer

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 12:12 pm
Quote:
in todays world, where e/o just say's "thank you, thank you, thank you...."

If only that were the case...

micki

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 1:31 pm
I was sooo appreciative of the lengths my midwife went to make sure I gave birth before shabbos, plus she stayed with me after hours so I sent her a boquet of flowers in a pretty basket with a note, expresisng how I felt.
she wrote me a thank you note for the flowers!

1stimer

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 1:36 pm
Quote:
I was sooo appreciative of the lengths my midwife went to make sure I gave birth before shabbos

curious about this, what did she do?

lucky

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 2:11 pm
And why did you specifically want to give birth before shabbos?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics