Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I'm so broken. Chizuk needed
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 6:13 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
I'm sorry if what I'm posting is not helpful- in NY there are programs for special needs children-respite care etc.
your child might be eligible for OPWDD, which can possibly provide you with home care, cleaning help and funds for transportation to appointments etc.
it's a lengthy process to get on, but once your on, it's until the child is an adult....
hope this is helpful...
if your child is not eligible for OPWDD then there's also something called HCBS, it provides family support, respite, etc. (OPWDD provides more- you can apply for OPWDD which is a long process, and in the meantime go on HCBS which takes quicker to get on)
hope this is helpful in some way!!

I already have OPWDD for my children as well as HSBC or other children. Though I recieve comhab and respite and more, I cannot find an actual worker to do the services for me. The agencies are Not helpful with that at all. It could've been helpful if only I can actually make use of those services.
If only I can find them...

amother
NeonPurple

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 7:09 pm
Oh dear .. just out of my own experiences you or your husband needs to work fulltime ( or both half time) whatever life throws at you, you must act ! To make it better. Grant yourself a time frame to mourn what you have lost and encountered in bad humans. And then regroup and fight ! I did it on my own with succes, for sure you can do it both of you, its hard and it takes a lot of courage, but you can. It will make you feel indefinitely better in the future. But you need to work at it.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 7:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I already have OPWDD for my children as well as HSBC or other children. Though I recieve comhab and respite and more, I cannot find an actual worker to do the services for me. The agencies are Not helpful with that at all. It could've been helpful if only I can actually make use of those services.

I don’t know what type of special needs your child has, but I have a coaching business . I send coaches to peoples homes and they do all kinds of physical activities with the kids. We work with autistic kids, kids with cerebral palsy, fragile x syndrome, Down’s syndrome. Some kids are severely disabled physically and cognitively. I will send someone to you for free sometimes so you can get a break. Once you feel better, you will start to think more clearly.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 7:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I totally understand it is a game changer when you have special needs children. I have one and its hard enough to find services no one understands. I found getting them into a good steady after school program is helpful. Also try to network as much as you can it is hard to know what is available out there. Personally, I took all the responsibility of my child on myself and work from home in the evenings and took a very longgg break from having kids so that we can manage financially and not need to rely on my husbands help. Its not easy but financial stress would be harder on me.
Others might bash, but there are ways to cash out your programs if you try hard enough.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics