Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Personality
Previous  1  2  3  4

4pom

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 1:38 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
Well that’s awesome that you’ve come so far in spite of everything.

And yes, sometimes it’s not about changing yourself but learning to live with yourself and accept yourself the way you are, and work with what you have.

Really interesting for me that I just found that you wrote this! Finally coming to this conclusion re myself.
Im another INFP with similar comments to Zehava, wondering whether Infp/4s are just CPTSDs . Although for me I definitely feel there's plenty of inherited trauma and generational too, so is it inborn nature or personality development...

Anyway, although I'm clearly an INFP on all tests and from reading the generalizations , when I go into each type I know I am plenty T and I wonder if I'm really INFJ.
Thats why I again wonder if its CPTSD that is the INFP?

Anyway hi to all the other NTs and NFs here and fellow introverts

Zehava

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 1:41 pm
4pom wrote:
Really interesting for me that I just found that you wrote this! Finally coming to this conclusion re myself.
Im another INFP with similar comments to Zehava, wondering whether Infp/4s are just CPTSDs . Although for me I definitely feel there's plenty of inherited trauma and generational too, so is it inborn nature or personality development...

Anyway, although I'm clearly an INFP on all tests and from reading the generalizations , when I go into each type I know I am plenty T and I wonder if I'm really INFJ.
Thats why I again wonder if its CPTSD that is the INFP?

Anyway hi to all the other NTs and NFs here and fellow introverts

Anyone can have CPTSD. I know all types with it. We’re just more aware.

4pom

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 3:06 pm
Zehava wrote:
Anyone can have CPTSD. I know all types with it. We’re just more aware.

Right.
The specific INFP traits when unhealthy seem like a reaction to CPTSD. I guess all types in the unhealthy direction are CPTSD.
Seems disproportionate amount of Ns in trauma treatment. Feel like it forces development of that aspect.
As someone who was always an INFP it made me wonder.

Zehava

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 3:41 pm
4pom wrote:
Right.
The specific INFP traits when unhealthy seem like a reaction to CPTSD. I guess all types in the unhealthy direction are CPTSD.
Seems disproportionate amount of Ns in trauma treatment. Feel like it forces development of that aspect.
As someone who was always an INFP it made me wonder.

Yes exactly
As Pete Walker says that if CPTSD was more acknowledged the DSM would shrink to a pamphlet.
Because most mental illnesses and personality disorders, which are basically the unhealthy extreme of different types (1-OCD, 2- codependent, 3- narcissism and so on) can be traced back to trauma. The deciding factor in most cases that will determine if a particular type will end up healthy or unhealthy, is trauma.
Ns are thinkers. Automatically we are more self-aware and more likely to get ourselves into treatment.
But make no mistake, all those S’s you see running from their feelings are just as, if not more traumatized.

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 4:09 pm
I'm an ESFJ and an Enneagram type 6. Anyone knows what this even means? I'm not so into this stuff I just took a test online once.

Success10

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 4:13 pm
Ok, just did the test. I'm an ENFP.

naomi2

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 4:22 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
ENFP and ENFJ are quite different on the cognitive function level.

ENFP leads with extroverted intuition - all about seeing connections between random things, expansive thinking, creativity.

Their secondary function is introverted feeling, which means they are aware of their internal emotional experience and of their values.

ENFJ leads with extroverted feeling - very aware of the dynamics between people, and a strong sense of how people “should” behave according to their society or upbringing they had (even if they’re a hippy; they’ll have strong idea that everyone should chill out).

Their secondary function is introverted intuition, which is about having insight and conviction without necessarily being aware of how you came to know something - but you definitely know it.

There’s a lot more to all of it; those are just a brief description of the first two functions.

This is controversial but I feel that everyone has every function to a certain degree. When thinking about type, try to see which traits feel the most dominant and natural to you.

Thank you, definitely J then
So I'm an ENFJ
I don't like taking the quizzes because I have a hard time answering hypothetical and abstract questions. Even with what you wrote I had to read a bunch of times and I went with the second because it resonated with me. I love this kind of stuff though I wish someone who knows me in irl can confirm this this personality type.

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 5:04 pm
naomi2 wrote:
Thank you, definitely J then
So I'm an ENFJ
I don't like taking the quizzes because I have a hard time answering hypothetical and abstract questions. Even with what you wrote I had to read a bunch of times and I went with the second because it resonated with me. I love this kind of stuff though I wish someone who knows me in irl can confirm this this personality type.

You could learn about the types in a way that suits you better. There are plenty of short YouTube videos online that explain things more concretely and using celebrities as examples.

Ima Piano

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 5:21 pm
I'm INTP
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics