Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Who's ready for purim
Previous  1  2

How are you doing with purim prepations?
I'm all ready  
 6%  [ 4 ]
I'm almost ready  
 48%  [ 29 ]
Won't be ready until purim morning  
 38%  [ 23 ]
couldn't care less.....  
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 60

jemappelle

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 1:59 pm
costumes ready, mishloach manos ready in the freezerjust need to be packed together on thurs night. both had to be ready today as tomorrow ds has a masquerade and the children will give the MM to the morahs. my contribution to the seuda will be made thurs night to be fresh. will take MM to work on thursday.

Maya

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 3:30 pm
Baby's costume is from last year.
Not sure about the Shabbos seudahs yet.
Most of the MMs are ready, in their baskets
Making fish for my mom's seudah, so that's not done yet.
Pretty much under control.

lamplighter

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 3:42 pm
bh ething is on schedule....it does not say on the schedule to be ready Tuesday Smile

ething is bought for my MM, I have to bake 40 plus salads MM that I'll have to do closer to the time.

the seuda is being made in shifts, tonight I will do some, tom some, thursday most and a few things will b on friday.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 4:00 pm
I just found out I literally have no one to give shalch monos to this year. I'll probvably have like 3 shlach monos. And I prepared enough for 10. guess we'll have lots of sprinkle cookies to eat this year.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 4:43 pm
I'm going to cook closer to the time. b'h I decide to make the kreplach and hammentaschen on Purim Katan and froze it.
I decided to buy all the costumes and mashaloch manot stuff the first week of Adar...

So I was pretty much set but guess what? I am pregnant and crave sugar late at night. So I've eaten some sweets I bought for mashaloch manot and have to buy a bit more!

embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed

Oh well...!

Another drawback to getting organized...the day after I made my hamentaschen, I saw a yummy recipe here for brownie filled Hammentaschen...
Oh well, wrote it down in the cookbook for next year!

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 5:07 pm
I'm so proud of myself. Every Purim I end up freaking out, wanting my shlach manos to be perfect. Homemade everything, fancy personalized labels, the works. I spend a lot of time baking and stressing and snapping at dh.

This year I decided to do it different.

I bought little plastic containers, sort of like the chip and dip ones, but with four parts. I bought bulk bags of candy and dried fruit at Costco. Now all I have to do is assemble them tonight (using bought labels), and I'll be done. (For the rebbeim I bought nicer stuff, but same idea.)

I accepted an invite to the seudah (usually we host), so there goes that pressure too.

I really hope to be able to daven with kavannah this year, and enjoy the time with my children!

grin

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 11:30 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I just found out I literally have no one to give shalch monos to this year. I'll probvably have like 3 shlach monos. And I prepared enough for 10. guess we'll have lots of sprinkle cookies to eat this year.

please don't misunderstand - but you don't know anyone Jewish who lives nearby?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 4:04 am
I need to pick up our costumes.

miriamnechama

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 5:05 am
Mama Bear wrote:

this year??

um pesach is in 4 weeks!!!!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 7:50 am
I bought a silver frame for my inlaws and am putting a picture of my kids inside, and writing "the sweetest gifts of all". Only, when I went to wrap it last night, the frame is verticle and the photo horizontal, so now I have to go to the silver store and hope they will let me exchange it, and also hope they have what I need. Sad

flowerpower

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 9:13 am
18 more to wrap

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 10:38 am
miriamnechama wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:

this year??

um pesach is in 4 weeks!!!!
it'll get eaten up. if not, I can alwaysw give it to the ... [cleaner]. Ooops, sandra.

MrsLeo

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 2:44 pm
Its almost erev purim and I still dont have anything for mishloach manos and no costumes what so ever, oh well. We'll probably get to the purim seuda by my parents in time for dessert cuz they're eating at 11am.

EsaEinai

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 2:53 pm
I wish I was ready, but as all of my stuff is homemade, im afraid to wrap it, etc because I dont want it to become stale.. so theyre hanging out in my freezer... im wondering when I should finally assemble them...

Seraph

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 4:41 pm
I made shaloch manos for the rabbanim already.
The food for the shaloch manos is already bought n made.
Theyre partially packaged. 2 things for them need to stay in the freezer till the last second, so thats happening tomorrow...
And were going out for the seudas.
Costumes are ready..,
Now all thats left is cooking n cleaning for shabbos.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics