Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Booster while pregnant?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 12:03 am
I am specifically directing this question to people who have gotten the covid vaccine. Please do not answer if you have not received it.
I am currently 5 months pregnant bH and I received my first dose for the vaccine in January (I am in the healthcare field). I see that they will be recommending that the booster anyone who has gotten their first dose 8 months ago. I will soon fall into this category but I am nervous because of my pregnancy. I am also really scared to get covid while pregnant as there is evidence that it can cause preterm birth or miscarriage G-d forbid. I never had covid. What do you think?
I assume my OB will recommend it but I am still so nervous to do it.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 10:46 am
I am pregnant and took the vaccine during the second trimester at the advice of my doctor. I was on the fence about it, but at this point with increasing rates, I am very happy and relieved that I did. I think there was more potential for regret if I did not do it (if I caught covid and was very sick I would regret that I did not get it)

I posted links on a different thread (don't remember exactly which one and it was a few weeks ago) to some studies regarding the covid vaccine in pregnancy. So far all the preliminary data is very encouraging.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 11:12 am
There is really no long term data on taking the vaccine while pregnant, let alone a booster. It boils down to you doing what you feel comfortable with and davening for the best.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 11:41 am
I plan on doing it. According to the schedule, I will need a booster in November and I will be 6 months along then. I had pneumonia last pregnancy and it was awful….no way I’d want to risk covid.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 12:37 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I am pregnant and took the vaccine during the second trimester at the advice of my doctor. I was on the fence about it, but at this point with increasing rates, I am very happy and relieved that I did. I think there was more potential for regret if I did not do it (if I caught covid and was very sick I would regret that I did not get it)

I posted links on a different thread (don't remember exactly which one and it was a few weeks ago) to some studies regarding the covid vaccine in pregnancy. So far all the preliminary data is very encouraging.

Thank you for your answer. I already took the vaccine before pregnancy. My question is regarding the third dose. No data out yet regarding third dose and pregnancy.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 12:37 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
I plan on doing it. According to the schedule, I will need a booster in November and I will be 6 months along then. I had pneumonia last pregnancy and it was awful….no way I’d want to risk covid.

Ok, that's encouraging to hear, thank you. I think I may consider it in my third trimester.

jj1236

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 1:03 pm
I got my first shot in my third trimester and and my second when I was nursing and BH all was great

seafood

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 2:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am specifically directing this question to people who have gotten the covid vaccine. Please do not answer if you have not received it.
I am currently 5 months pregnant bH and I received my first dose for the vaccine in January (I am in the healthcare field). I see that they will be recommending that the booster anyone who has gotten their first dose 8 months ago. I will soon fall into this category but I am nervous because of my pregnancy. I am also really scared to get covid while pregnant as there is evidence that it can cause preterm birth or miscarriage G-d forbid. I never had covid. What do you think?

Im vaccinated and currently pregnant. I would do whatever my doctor recommends, because my hashkafah is that the shot doesn’t harm or heal, but H’ wants us to listen to doctors and do our hishtadlus accordingly. I am not scared of taking the shot, and I’m also not scared of not taking the shot. So I bh am not living in fear of harming my pregnancy either way. I’ll continue to do whatever hishtadlus my OB recommends and know that I did as I was taught to do and that whatever ultimately happens is up to H’.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sat, Aug 21 2021, 11:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm in the same boat you are. In healthcare and received the first vaccine in January so I'm just about 8 months. I'm 2 months pregnant and have been thinking about the booster. My workplace just sent out a letter that they are offering the booster dose to ppl who meet certain criteria regarding their health, but pregnancy was not on the list. So for now I don't need to make a decision but like you am undecided about what to do when the booster becomes available to me.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:47 pm
Bump. I am in my third trimester and I’ve been getting conflicting information from different people about whether or not the boosters are safe in pregnancy. Have any imas taken the booster during third trimester and had no or minimal side effects?

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:51 pm
I am in my second trimester. I got the Covid vaccine a while ago. I decided to not get the booster while pregnant, we’ll see if ever (I didn’t think that far ahead). I have heard of miscarriages happening when people had Covid, and people are nervous about it happening from the vaccine. I personally had two miscarriages since I got the vaccine but obviously I have no idea why. We did our research, asked people we respect for their thoughts, and have decided to iyH hold off.

amother
IndianRed

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:55 pm
I got the first 2 doses of the vaccine in my first trimester and gave birth a month ago.

I’d get the booster if I were pregnant at this point. I’ve heard of bad outcomes in pregnant women who develop covid, so I don’t see a downside.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 6:20 am
I got the booster in my second trimester and am now 34 weeks along, baby and myself are doing fine, had no side effects. I am so glad I got it with this huge outbreak going on now.

Roots

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:48 pm
hey I got my second and third covid vaccines while pregnant
one in my first or second month and one in my 7th month
BH no side effects besides for sore arm
and baby is already a few weeks old and all good BH
hatzlacha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics