Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How do you feel about those unvaccinated?
  Previous  1  2  3   9  10  11  Next

How do you feel towards the unvaccinated?
Angry or negative feelings at their not getting vaccinated  
 16%  [ 55 ]
Fearful or anxious about exposure, but okay with them choosing  
 8%  [ 29 ]
Not my business, doesn't effect me, neutral  
 28%  [ 95 ]
I regret mine, I think well of their actions  
 3%  [ 12 ]
I am one who has not vaccinated at this time  
 41%  [ 138 ]
Total Votes : 329

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 7:51 am
fleetwood wrote:
Got the vaxx. Honestly don't care what any else does. Just glad to minimize my risk of death if I do catch it. Sick of all the anti vaxx threads by women who if they were really confident in their decision would not keep posting defending it!

There are many pro vax threads too.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 7:58 am
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
Those who are angry must explain why?

Unvaxxed do not transmit Covid any more than you big shots.

I'm angry because this could have all been over by now if everyone had followed all covid precautions and gotten vaccinated as soon as possible. I'm angry that basic science somehow became political. I'm angry at conspiracy theorists spewing nonsense and at the covidiots who believe them and/or who are just selfish and don't care about anyone else.

I'm not angry at my one friend who isn't vaccinated yet because she had covid while pregnant and is having a lot of health issues postpartum and her doctor doesn't want her to stress her system right now by getting the shots.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:06 am
amother [ Lemonchiffon ] wrote:
There are many pro vax threads too.

There are?

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:06 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
I'm angry because this could have all been over by now if everyone had followed all covid precautions and gotten vaccinated as soon as possible. I'm angry that basic science somehow became political. I'm angry at conspiracy theorists spewing nonsense and at the covidiots who believe them and/or who are just selfish and don't care about anyone else.

I'm not angry at my one friend who isn't vaccinated yet because she had covid while pregnant and is having a lot of health issues postpartum and her doctor doesn't want her to stress her system right now by getting the shots.

Your first sentence is completely false.
Your second sentence should make you angry at our lying government and not at the unvaxxed.
Very few people are actually conspiracy theorists. Most are just speaking the truth that is forcefully hidden from us.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:10 am

You werent told "science". You were told lies.

Lockdowns and masks dont stop the virus.

And natural immunity is better then vax immunity so why doesnt anti-science USA government recognize natural immunity like other countries do?

Last edited by #BestBubby on Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:14 am
southernbubby wrote:
There are?

All those threads telling people to go vaccinate.

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That I think would fall under neutral because it is about feelings not strategy or the anxious about / ok with them choosing 2nd choice if your cautiousness is most reflected there.

I didn't vote yet.

That middle option started with "not my business", which I don't agree with. I think it IS my business, as a caring person, to take extra precautions around people without antibodies.

And I couldn't possibly stomach a misuse of the word "effect" (noun) in place of "affect" (verb). Smile

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just want to see how everyone is feeling. Please feel free to share in more detail.

I voted not my business, but I’m also not vaccinated.

Last edited by Ema of 5 on Tue, Aug 31 2021, 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total

southernbubby

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:22 am
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
Your first sentence is completely false.
Your second sentence should make you angry at our lying government and not at the unvaxxed.
Very few people are actually conspiracy theorists. Most are just speaking the truth that is forcefully hidden from us.

I saw two articles this morning, one was news and the other was opinion. The news was that an elderly man, the guy who played Wally on Leave it to Beaver, tested negative but was sick with pneumonia and had to spend 24 hours in a hospital waiting room, waiting for a bed because the hospital is full of Covid patients.
The other article was an opinion piece that said, and I see it on here, that to ultra conservatives, getting vaccinated, wearing masks, and using approved treatments rather than ivermectin and HCQ, means that you are a traitor to the cause. You are supporting liberalism and if you get sick and need the hospital or you die chas v'sholem, you should blame the liberals who blocked your access to "life saving drugs". It's not about choice at all. And of course, those who die in the hospital were killed for profit, right? Those stupid hospitals who try to save lives with ventilators instead of vitamins! The nerve Wink

southernbubby

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:28 am
All those threads telling people to go vaccinate.

I saw a handful of those compared to threads that had links to obscure sites that had science that most scientists don't accept. I ran one of them, a Lancet article, by my cardiologist brother in law who answered with some salty language and said that the Lancet has become generally less reputable in recent years. He is retired so he loses nothing by agreeing with the "lying government".

southernbubby

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:30 am
#BestBubby wrote:
You wetent told "science". You were told lies.

Lockdowns and masks dont stop the virus.

And natural immunity is better then vax immunity so why doesnt anti-science USA government recognize natural immunity like other countries do?

Some of these countries only honor natural immunity for 6 months post recovery.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:31 am
Sorry if this isn't going to be so clear, I am rather exhausted today, but wanted to try and comment on some of the things people said, and a few ideas of mine.

I agree that we all need achdus now. We are mostly all traumatized to varying degrees from the past year and a half. The way I see things is if Hashem allowed idolitry to go unpunished due to achdus, achdus can certainly help us and the world now.

I wish the two ends of this can come to understand each other, and have some empathy and love for each other.

Maybe those who are still thinking the vaccine prevents anything other than case severity, can be showed while its slick marketing, and is being put out there, it is only showing to increase odds of escaping a serious case for yourself in the scientific data. It is better to have ahavas chinam than resent other yidden.

And maybe it would also be good to understand that people who do see the good and use of vaccines do not appreciate being called all sorts of name calling and accusations. Those who took it and those who didn't , both. Not calling people reckless, irresponsible, or nazis yemach shemam, or anti vaxxers, causing all sorts of chaos.....

On the flip side though, it would be likely helpful if people can be caring and compassionate to those who are wound tightly about those who haven't taken it. They have been through the same thing as everyone else and that is where they landed for now. They sincerely want everyone to be healthy and well, want everyone to put others wellbeing first and foremost.

It is just gotten to the point that we should eliminate the hate from both directions Peace sign Every day I try to strengthen my faith that everything is from Hashem and that is all you can do after your own personal hishtadlus, hating on each other adds problems, doesn't solve any.

Everyone single one of us as a whole has good and pure intentions for the wellbeing of the klal. Unless you are wishing bad on people, you'd be the exception.

But feelings need to be felt and we just need our love and achdus to win out at the end of the day.

And in a practical way, no one vaccinated or recovered or any combination, should go with symptoms near any high risk person like seniors or immunocompromised unless that senior/immunocomp. explicitly desires that risk over living restricted (and then I am not sure what to do). Because in my non scientific observations in the last 2 weeks in NY, lots of new cases are vaccinated, lots are recovered, some are both.... shock and some are testing negative despite identical symptoms to those testing positive in the same household, like a spouse...

tryinghard

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:34 am
southernbubby wrote:
I saw two articles this morning, one was news and the other was opinion. The news was that an elderly man, the guy who played Wally on Leave it to Beaver, tested negative but was sick with pneumonia and had to spend 24 hours in a hospital waiting room, waiting for a bed because the hospital is full of Covid patients.
The other article was an opinion piece that said, and I see it on here, that to ultra conservatives, getting vaccinated, wearing masks, and using approved treatments rather than ivermectin and HCQ, means that you are a traitor to the cause. You are supporting liberalism and if you get sick and need the hospital or you die chas v'sholem, you should blame the liberals who blocked your access to "life saving drugs". It's not about choice at all. And of course, those who die in the hospital were killed for profit, right? Those stupid hospitals who try to save lives with ventilators instead of vitamins! The nerve Wink

The “news article” is also based off an opinion. Many hospitals are near capacity right now but it’s not because of beds, it’s due to nursing staff. They are firing good experienced nurses who do not want to be vaccinated. I saw one article where the headline was all “hospitals overwhelmed with covid!” ... but within the article the hospital spokesman said there is an unusually high number of non-covid patients. Similarly, I saw an article claiming covid is overwhelming a children’s hospital in Texas - but when someone pulled the statistics, the hospital had only 4 covid patients.

There is so much opinion in the “news” that it’s hard to know what to believe.

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:35 am
southernbubby wrote:

Not true. Not only did Trump champion and work hard to ram through as fast as possible the covid vaccine, it was the LIBERALS who were against it.

Phd's are the largest group that are vaccine hesitant followed by black people. This does not scream ultra conservative to me.

Every citizen should do what's best for their health. That's all.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:36 am
Pfizer is from the shoresh of פיזר "to separate" we need to make sure not to let that happen.

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:36 am
Looking for : "I'm not worried for me. I'm worried for them, that they'll be ok. But I don't say that, since it's not my business."

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:39 am
amother [ Anemone ] wrote:
I didn't vote yet.

That middle option started with "not my business", which I don't agree with. I think it IS my business, as a caring person, to take extra precautions around people without antibodies.

And I couldn't possibly stomach a misuse of the word "effect" (noun) in place of "affect" (verb). Smile

LOL Rolling Laughter embarrassed my bad! It is like those primary school standardized tests, pick the one that best fits even if it is not exact Heart and even if I flunk spelling

farmom

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 10:10 am

A lot of the variants came from poor countries that couldn't afford the vaccine and had a slow rollout

But instead of making sure everyone has access to a vaccine, we're triple vaccinating and vaccinating low risk kids

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 10:29 am
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
I don’t believe the results! “Doesn’t affect me?” “Not my business?” How sick! They are the ones keeping these things spreading!

Vaccinated and unvaccinated are spreading. Everyone has the right to make their own medical decisions.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 10:30 am
You know what the response to that will be? Either:
A. Its time to get a booster, or B. At least they didn't die...

C: That’s not true (I disagree, but that would be one of the responses as well)
Page 2 of 11   Previous  1  2  3   9  10  11  Next Recent Topics