Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
What's your favorite salmon recipe?
Previous  1  2  3

Rikola

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 8:15 pm
I haven't read all the recipes so not sure if this was done or not. I threw this together recently and it was out of this world.

Make a square of foil for each person
put a pile of fresh spinach at the bottom
place salmon on top
then I piled on:
a large slice of fresh ginger (so it can be easily removed)
a clove of garlic, whole (same reason)
fresh shiitake mushrooms
sesame oil (just a drop for flavor, don't want the dish too oily)
small drop of fresh lemon juice
finely chopped green onion
S&P
sesame seeds (optional)

Fold up the foil, bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, depending on the size of the fish. Open carefully and serve with rice. (DH and I aren't fans of eating ginger but we like the infusion, that's why I keep it so big. If you like it, grate it up and sprinkle it on. Smile )

So easy, takes just minutes to put together and tastes awesome!

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 4:52 pm
chestnut wrote:
DefyGravity wrote:
I broiled it. I'm really not sure if it was equal amounts - probably a bit more OJ than soy sauce. I broiled it in the sauce.

for how long did you broil it?

Maybe around 8 minutes altogether. . . I flipped it over at some point. Pretty much checked on it till it was done.

chestnut

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 4:58 pm
I was waiting for your answer till the last minute Smile just made it, about an hour ago. broiled it for about 25 mins, in the marinade (to my defense, my oven is really weird, it always longer than usual to bake anything in there and I wasn't broling it under the oven but in the oven, just turned the handle to "broil"). looks good, although I didn't think of turning it. now, that I'm thinking, I should have pour the sauce a few times over it, from the bottom of the pan. oh well...

it was sitting in the marinade (in the fridge) from the morning till 3pm - it'd better be yummy LOL

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 9:32 am
I made the salmon this morning while the kids ate breakfast. Such a quick easy recipe, my kids can't wait to taste it on Purim. I told them I'm making pickled salmon and my 4 yr old says, "Oh! Not fish salmon?" They keep wondering why I didn't put any pickles in the salmon.

R&RMom

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 10:02 am
this is so easy and yummy...
put a thin layer of mayo on each slice of salmon then pour onion soup mix over the top...bake for 45 minutes -1 hour...enjoy !!!

gryp

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 5:02 pm
The salmon came out great, bubby! My kids loved it too, although my 4 yr old kept asking where the pickles were in it, and refused to taste it until Shabbos when we finally convinced him. He ate an entire piece after that.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 5:45 pm
bubby wrote:
Wow, I'm flattered!! OK, here is the famous pickled salmon recipe. I can't take credit for it, though!

Salmon slices (about 6??)
1 c. ketchup
1 c. vinegar
1 c. water
1 sliced onion
1/2 c sugar
2 T pickling slices

Poach salmon skin side down in cold water, just enough to barely cover the fish, COVERED for 10 mins. Let cool in water (it carries on cooking a bit as it cools.) BTW, that's 10 mins from a gentle boil; not high heat.

Pour over salmon in an airtight container & refrigerate. Lasts up to1 1/2 - 2 weeks (if it's not eaten.)

Now, I adapted this as follows: firstly, when I make it I use about 18-24 slices about 2" wide, thick slices, so I eat least triple the sauce mixture. And I use A LOT more than the equivalent of 2T pickling spices..makes it more yummy. I just "shpoch" it in! Mix eveything very well before you pour it over the fish. Leave the skin on till serving, it stops it disintegrating. It's best to make a couple of days before using.

If your put this over angel hair pasta it's quite an elegant dish for fancy guests.

Hope you enjoy it!!

I make this recipe ALL the time. delish. Its a favorite around here.
Its in the Balabusta Choice (pupa) cookbook called "The 12 minute marinated salmon".
I also put in much more spices than is called for, but I put most of it into a "spice bag" cause my kids dont like it, when it gets stuck on the fish.

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 6:07 pm
honey and mustard mixed together and spread on top of salmon and bake.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics