Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Aren't you happy? (warning, a bit long)
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

cdawnr

Post Tue, Mar 25 2008, 9:17 am
Hinda Rochel: "Maybe you are overdoing it a bit?

I must admit those things that make others go squirmy don't bother me. Unmade beds are not the ruination of my day. I generally don't bother. Yeah they make the room pretty, but I'm generally not in the bedroom except when I'm going to sleep. And I don't bring guests in there... so who cares? If I'm planning on bringing in guests then I'll make the bed. "
Thumbs Up Cheers

I love that free attitude...and share it.

I think the point that Frieda's mom is trying to make is that, take for instance my dh. He sits at a desk and works all day. So do I (in the house). But I stop earlier and have the kids, need to cook supper and just straightening up after little kids so we don't trip over stuff is physical. DH helps, definitely, but after supper, when he goes out to learn, I then have to finish the laundry, clean the dishes and finsih up leftover work from the day...women today caryr a huge burden.

Who of us hasn't gone to shul for whatever reason on Shabbas or a chag thinking, gotta heat the kugel as soon as I get back, don't forget to put the cole slaw out...etc. There's always stuff to be done.

And I think most of us women understand that if someone comes to our house and sees messiness they aren't thinking that the husband isn't helping, the other women are subconsciously thinking that the woman of the house is overwhelmed. Now I am not crazy about caring about this, I usually just joke away a mess...but it is in the back of my mind nevertheless.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics