Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Hungry or wanting Attention

smile

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 4:13 pm
Do you think my one year old can be hungry? She goes to bed at 18h and wakes up around 22h, crying.
I nurse her in the morning when she wakes up, once in the afternoon and before I put her to bed. For breakfast she has weetabix, lunch yoghurt and bread, and for supper whatever we have (most of the food) and for snacks during the day she gets biscuits. And she has a bottle the whole day.
So, I though that it is very unlikely for her to wake up hungry. But maybe I am wrong. Do you think there is a chance that she is hungry and that I should nurse her?
Or do you think she just wants attention and me taking her?

yo'ma

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 4:19 pm
I don't think she's hungry. It sounds like she has enough food. Can you put her 1-3 hours later? Maybe it's just too early for her. Maybe you can rearrage her naptimes.

mamacita

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 11:58 pm
Test to see if your husband can comfort her, if not, she could be hungry, if so then she isn't. Would you be able to say no if a giant milkshake walked in to comfort you in the night? hehe, no.

My daughter has gone through periods where she has woken in the middle of the night (or at the crack of dawn) hungry. But I know she is hungry because she scarfs the bread and water dh takes her (like a prisoner, hehe). where other times she'll go back to sleep without it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics