Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Isreals new rule nov - I'm mad and sad.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 5:40 am
I have an autoimmune disorder that bh after much hard work and lifestyle change, is in remission. But can flare from anything. And remission is not guaranteed. Neither is no permanent damage.
The last bad flare happened when I took a tdap booster 2 years ago.
I struggled to walk and take care of my family.

I am NOT taking the covid vaccine. On top of that I am now pregnant.
Also I have had covid.

My siblings child was an "older single" and is now bh finally getting married in the next few weeks. And now I can't go. Unless we do a whole (legal) loophole shpeil that'll cost between 5-10 k. We do not have the money. I am so upset.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 5:43 am
You aren't able to get a medical ishur that you can't take it?

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 5:43 am
What are the rules?
We're going back and forth on Aliya and this is really keeping us back, since one of us cannot take the vaccine as of now.
I'm so sorry you're going through this.
Moshiach's times.

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 5:45 am
I don't know the laws but having covid antibodies won't help you?

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 5:49 am
If I remember correctly, having proof of Covid within the past 6 months is fine too.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Dec 20 2021, 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 5:53 am
LovesHashem wrote:
You aren't able to get a medical ishur that you can't take it?

This condition genetically runs in my family. My sibling has it, my father, his brother and some of his children to varying degrees. I had a different presentation. When was a teen when I first started having symptoms the presentation was annoying, uncomfortable but not so debilitating. As an adult, the presentation with every flare is painful, and debilitating.
My old ped has since lost his license and no records. I don't even know if he's still alive even.

When not in a flare imaging or bloodwork will not show anything.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 5:55 am
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:

Under current rules the OP would need to have in first degree relative who was an Israeli citizen in order to get an ishur.

Under the new rules that are likely to come into force at the beginning of November, she would have to be eligible for a tav yarok under Israeli rules which implies:
• have recovered from corona and received at least one dose of the vaccine after recovery, with no time limit. Coming from chutz l'aretz that would include written evidence of a positive PCR test.
• have received two doses, with the second being no more than six months ago.
• have received three doses with no time limit currently specified (but we only started giving third doses about three months ago).

Last edited by Elfrida on Tue, Oct 12 2021, 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 5:58 am
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:

No. As of November, only a covid vaccine. Nothing less.

I guess my husbsd so go.
He's had to take it for work.

They are so aggressive with their vaccines now they made him take a tdap booster even though their official guidelines is one dtap, then one tdap for life. He had his last tdap 8 years ago. Official recommendation is a booster every 10 years.....

He works for a hospital network. But he absolutely does not come into contact with any patients. So crazy.

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 6:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have an autoimmune disorder that bh after much hard work and lifestyle change, is in remission. But can flare from anything. And remission is not guaranteed. Neither is no permanent damage.
The last bad flare happened when I took a tdap booster 2 years ago.
I struggled to walk and take care of my family.

I am NOT taking the covid vaccine. On top of that I am now pregnant.
Also I have had covid.

My siblings child was an "older single" and is now bh finally getting married in the next few weeks. And now I can't go. Unless we do a whole (legal) loophole shpeil that'll cost between 5-10 k. We do not have the money. I am so upset.

May I ask you what your disease is?
I haven't realized thry can flare up from vaccination.

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:26 am
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:

My child has an autoimmune disease and yes, anything that interferes with the immune system has the potential to reactivate or trigger an autoimmune response. I agree with op that it wouldn't be smart for her to take the vaccine.

Sending some hugs cuz this is such a hard situation. Crying

Zehava

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 11:25 am
5-10k seems excessive. I suggest you speak to a travel agent and ask around about what your options are.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 7:52 am
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:

Like amother moccasins said anything that can trigger an immune response can cause a flare.

I'd rather not say.
We're going back and forth with the Israeli consulate. I'm hoping something will give. I gotta do my hishtadlus

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 8:00 am
Oy. I'm so sorry!! I hope this sorts itself out. Autoimmune is debilitating enough as is.

Laiya

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 8:03 am
amother [ Moccasin ] wrote:
My child has an autoimmune disease and yes, anything that interferes with the immune system has the potential to reactivate or trigger an autoimmune response. I agree with op that it wouldn't be smart for her to take the vaccine.

Sending some hugs cuz this is such a hard situation. Crying

The crazy thing is, this is accepted knowledge for all other vaccines. In fact this is the very reason everyone who is healthy was always told to get vaccinated up until covid---to protect those who can't vaccinate, because they are immune compromised.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 8:03 am
There’s no option for medical exemption?

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 8:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This condition genetically runs in my family. My sibling has it, my father, his brother and some of his children to varying degrees. I had a different presentation. When was a teen when I first started having symptoms the presentation was annoying, uncomfortable but not so debilitating. As an adult, the presentation with every flare is painful, and debilitating.
My old ped has since lost his license and no records. I don't even know if he's still alive even.

When not in a flare imaging or bloodwork will not show anything.

What condition is it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics