Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Are the prices better for these things at Bingo?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 7:01 am
I like to do my Jewish shopping when I visit Brooklyn but none of my usual stores have the things I want on sale. That's unusual, usually I go wherever the sales are best. First of all, is that an economy thing, are sales just less interesting lately or is it a coincidence that I'm coming on a dull week?

Secondly, here's my shopping list, will Bingo have significantly better prices on any of this stuff? Because going to such a big store plus the location will make it take more time so I want to know if it's worth it.

Plastic bowls, plates, spoons
Chicken leg/thighs
Chicken cutlets (I do like to pay a little more for a brand that's "cleaner," but not a lot more)
Frozen broccoli and cauliflower (the Jewish brands that are certified bug-free)
Pizza cheese

That's what usually adds up to the most cost. Everything else I'm assuming will be about the same wherever I go. But if anyone knows what their specials are this week and can share, that would be great.

Thanks!

dankbar

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 7:08 am
They are usually cheaper on bulk papergoods.
Their chicken & meat prices are amazing.
Their frozen vegatables are usually cheaper too.
Cheeses they have different ones on sale at diff times.

dankbar

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 7:12 am
This week specials are on cottage cheese, american cheese, liquid dove, palmolive, ground beef, oatmeal bars, similac, tomato sauce, noodles.

dankbar

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 7:15 am
Also lebens, pizza, tasters choice coffee.

You need a membership card to get the lowest discounts. Membership is for free. You can make it there in store before you start shopping

amother
Celeste

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 7:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I like to do my Jewish shopping when I visit Brooklyn but none of my usual stores have the things I want on sale. That's unusual, usually I go wherever the sales are best. First of all, is that an economy thing, are sales just less interesting lately or is it a coincidence that I'm coming on a dull week?

Secondly, here's my shopping list, will Bingo have significantly better prices on any of this stuff? Because going to such a big store plus the location will make it take more time so I want to know if it's worth it.

Plastic bowls, plates, spoons
Chicken leg/thighs
Chicken cutlets (I do like to pay a little more for a brand that's "cleaner," but not a lot more)
Frozen broccoli and cauliflower (the Jewish brands that are certified bug-free)
Pizza cheese

That's what usually adds up to the most cost. Everything else I'm assuming will be about the same wherever I go. But if anyone knows what their specials are this week and can share, that would be great.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, with the economy the way it is, the deals aren't so great anymore.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 7:23 am
Thank you Dankbar!
I made a membership card last time I was there like 2-3 years ago and for sure don't know where it is anymore. Can I use my phone number or something to sign in?

dankbar

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 7:41 am
I dont know how you sign in. They now have handheld devices for members to self check out.

The prices on basic food items went up drastically recently all over.

Geulanow

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 8:14 am
How do you find out the specials?

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 9:20 am
http://watsonsale.com/
Great resource

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 9:44 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
http://watsonsale.com/
Great resource

I looked there before coming here and they don't have Bingo. But that's how I knew the other stores don't have my things on sale.

egam

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 9:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you Dankbar!
I made a membership card last time I was there like 2-3 years ago and for sure don't know where it is anymore. Can I use my phone number or something to sign in?

Just go to the customer service in the store and they’ll be able to help you with your card.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 10:13 am
Bingos meats are very cheAp

People like their paper goods.

amother
Marigold

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 10:30 am
Bingos prices are amazing! We're very happy with there plastic goods both in quality and price.

dankbar

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 10:35 am
If you are a member you can sign up to get their weekly specials emailed to you.

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 10:49 am
Yep! We go there all the time after my husband comes home.
They usually have the specials in magazines I believe but I’m not 100000% sure. I’m probably mixing up stores.
How do you sign up for the membership?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 10:53 am
Don't expect prices to be as you remember them. But those items are generally better priced at Bingo.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics