Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Toms River questions
Previous  1  2

bnm

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 8:34 am
amother [ Canary ] wrote:
JBTW, Belz is not in Toms River. And there's a reason they chose that area to build that kehilla. They have their own grocery, plus it's very walkable to Evergreen area. It's even easier now that they opened Chestnut to the 70.

I cannot imagine how chassidish women live here and don't drive, but it's obviously an option since many do.

OP, we have Jewish car services here that you can use instead of Uber. Just remember that most drivers are coming from lkwd so you need to call 15/20 minutes before you need a car.

That grocery wasn't open for a long time. They are doing construction on that mall.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 8:38 am
bnm wrote:
That grocery wasn't open for a long time. They are doing construction on that mall.

Yankel’s is open again?

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 8:40 am
If you feel the need to walk to Evergreen, but or rent in Oak&Vine. The development is behind that plaza. Obviously it’s Lakewood, not TR.

bnm

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 8:41 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Yankel’s is open again?

Not that I know of.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 8:49 am
bnm wrote:
Not that I know of.

So then the closest grocery is either GG or Superstop.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 9:22 am
Chassidish and don't drove I live in Lakewood. I take a shuttle. Some days are frustrated because the drivers don't show up. They also don't drive on legal holidays. Also the shuttle doesn't go everywhere. When I can't take the shuttle I take the Jewish car service during rush hour it can come out to almost $20 a trip more fore waiting time... on days that is busy. Like legal holidays rainy days, days when kids have off it can be a 3 hour wait for a car. Lakeway charges alot for toms river even if you are only
driving 3 block because they are located in boro park. There is a shuttle that goes from hickory in toms river to a grocery once a week. But that doesn't help of you need a dr appointment. Or if your child needs to miss the school bus. There are no stores at all in roms River. From financial and practical point of view its not worth it to move to toms river.

bnm

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 4:15 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
So then the closest grocery is either GG or Superstop.

Yes.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 4:36 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
If you feel the need to walk to Evergreen, but or rent in Oak&Vine. The development is behind that plaza. Obviously it’s Lakewood, not TR.

This
Oak and vine is very very convenient for women who dont drive. Its walking accessible to many shopping centers and grocery stores. I even managed to figure out how to get to cedarbridge ave shops (like Living Quarters, Circa, Out to Lunch, Mollys and tons of more stores) by walking via a shortcut...
Maybe look into available housing in this area...People loving it here

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 4:58 pm
2 years ago I was gonna move to lakewood and was looking into oak and vine. Also the chasidus I belong to has a community within oak and vine . So far I'm still in Brooklyn. Oh well

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 6:14 pm
amother [ Snow ] wrote:
2 years ago I was gonna move to lakewood and was looking into oak and vine. Also the chasidus I belong to has a community within oak and vine . So far I'm still in Brooklyn. Oh well

you still can Tongue Out

bnm

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 7:46 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
This
Oak and vine is very very convenient for women who dont drive. Its walking accessible to many shopping centers and grocery stores. I even managed to figure out how to get to cedarbridge ave shops (like Living Quarters, Circa, Out to Lunch, Mollys and tons of more stores) by walking via a shortcut...
Maybe look into available housing in this area...People loving it here

How do you walk there? Where?

amother
Cinnamon

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 2:18 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
you still can Tongue Out

I heard that most of the houses are sold out and the ones that are for sale are a mere $900,000

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 5:45 am
amother [ Cinnamon ] wrote:
I heard that most of the houses are sold out and the ones that are for sale are a mere $900,000

I noticed a bunch of empty lots. are those all sold? Also there are a few houses on Broadway that are almost done. Being rented out as far as I know...owned by a major klausenberg askan. If someone belongs to klausenberg, I believe he would sell the house to them...

oneofakind

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 6:20 am
You find chassidish women who don't drive walking along Route 9 and Route 70 in Lakewood. Route 70 is a major highway that can be scary even to drive. They walk along the high tic infested grass in the summer and can't imagine what they do in the snow. It's sakanas nefoshos.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries