Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
They don't know who Chaim Walder is
Previous  1  2

koalamum

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 9:38 pm
I probably own all his books. I love his books.My kids were big fans and now my grandchildren (those over 7) read them. As a matter of fact a lot of Bubby time was spent reading aloud the stories.
For me this is devastating. I am not yet throwing out his books as I still am waiting for the truth. I don’t want to say anything because nothing was proven yet. However, I will not choose to read his books to my grandkids either, until the truth is revealed.
It’s not easy…

DrMom

Post Mon, Nov 22 2021, 5:07 am
I've never heard of this author before this scandal came to light. I'll keep an open mind until things are sorted legally. If he is found guilty, even though his books may be good, I think I'll not buy them. No need to pay this man royalties with my hard-earned salary.

amother
Hosta

Post Mon, Nov 22 2021, 9:24 am
My kids frequently check his books out of the library. So yes, I did say something. I told them that he was accused of hurting people and touching people on the private parts without permission. And if it's true, he's a rasha. So until we know that he's innocent, we won't be reading his books anymore. Because we want to be careful not to read the books of a rasha, in case he really is one.

I actually felt it was helpful for them to have an actual name and story rather than our usual safety talks that are all theoretical. It helps them understand that a bad person can seem great and anyone can do these terrible things. I was happy this opportunity came up and it wasn't actually someone close to home that could have been more traumatic.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Nov 22 2021, 10:42 am
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:
My kids frequently check his books out of the library. So yes, I did say something. I told them that he was accused of hurting people and touching people on the private parts without permission. And if it's true, he's a rasha. So until we know that he's innocent, we won't be reading his books anymore. Because we want to be careful not to read the books of a rasha, in case he really is one.

I actually felt it was helpful for them to have an actual name and story rather than our usual safety talks that are all theoretical. It helps them understand that a bad person can seem great and anyone can do these terrible things. I was happy this opportunity came up and it wasn't actually someone close to home that could have been more traumatic.

I like this post. You sound like a great mom with good parenting skills. I have a family of boys who love to read. I would say the same

amother
Green

Post Mon, Nov 22 2021, 10:56 am
I don’t feel the need to tell my kids what he is accused of. Look how hard it is for us as adults to handle it. I will definitely not purchase his books now and I will encourage my children to make another choice at the library if they choose a Chaim walder book but I don’t think they need to hear details.

amother
Hosta

Post Mon, Nov 22 2021, 9:03 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I like this post. You sound like a great mom with good parenting skills. I have a family of boys who love to read. I would say the same

Thank you, that was so kind Heart

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Nov 22 2021, 10:14 pm
My teenagers heard something but wanted to know what he was accused of. I just said he was accused of touching people inappropriately.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics