Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
S/O OTD and insular community
Previous  1  2  3

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 2:57 pm
Um, he sent Yishmael away WITH HIS MOTHER. Big difference.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 3:08 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I can’t speak from personal experience bh, I just want to share something I heard. Both avraham and yitzchok had a child that was a bad influence to the other children and they dealt with it very differently. avraham sent away yishmael (the “bad” one) while yitzchok sent away yaakov (the “good” one). That doesn’t mean one way is better than the other. Some times sending away the child that is a bad influence is a good idea and some times you are better off sending away your other children and keeping the problematic child at home.
Again, I am not in this situation and I hope I will never be. I hope this doesn’t hurt anybody that is in this situation.

Yitzhak married a little child, we don't do that today or many other things the avos did. If someone would tell you god told him to kill his child, you would call the cops and have him hospitalized. We need to look for current advice for current issues. The advice today is to keep ALL of your children home, except if there are severe circumstances which dictate otherwise.

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 4:17 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Um, he sent Yishmael away WITH HIS MOTHER. Big difference.

AND, he continued to see yishmael and made frequent trips to visit him. In fact the day Hashem decreed Avraham to sacrifice Yitzchak, Yishmael had come back, hence Avrahams confusion over which one to sacrifice.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children