Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Extra beds

notna

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:57 pm
So I was always a big fan of hirisers for my kids so that we could easily have extra beds for guests. But I'm finding as the kids are getting older and bigger that the hiriser frames are not the most practical for support or they eventually break.

I am looking into getting sturdy bed frames for my teenage son but a lot of them are too close to the ground for a trundle underneath or have an extra leg in the middle for support which is good for him but again, won't allow for a trundle.

Any other ideas for extra beds for guests besides popup trundles (hiriser type)?
I suppose little kids could sleep on a crib mattress or blowup mattress but what about for adults?

Thanks.

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 1:44 pm
Are you saying you want extra beds in the rooms your children are still occupying? Then high risers are your best bet. Castro Convertibles has an ottoman that converts to a bed but if you find that a high-riser isn't sturdy enough--unless you're buying cheap, flimsy ones, in which case you need to buy a set that's better made--then the ottoman won't do it for you, either. Many companies make armchairs that convert to beds, like sofabeds only smaller, but again, they're not necessarily all that comfortable or supportive.

How old are your children? If they're almost adults, I wouldn't recommend bunk beds. In a few years they'll be getting married and bunk beds are not appropriate for married couples.

Would Murphy beds do it for you?

L K

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 1:54 pm
IKEA has these white beds with pullout kind of beds.

bookie

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 4:01 pm
How old are your children? If they're almost adults, I wouldn't recommend bunk beds. In a few years they'll be getting married and bunk beds are not appropriate for married couples.

Would Murphy beds do it for you?[/quote]

You can get bunk
Beds that come apart into two separate beds. I have those and used as bunk beds for bunch of years. Now I use them separately

vicki

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 4:07 pm
I like having two twin beds in every bedroom so that we can easily house several couples at the same time - all close relatives of mine. Every couple gets their own room with infants and younger kids can be piled into one or two other rooms.
I ordinarily buy very good quality hi-risers with excellent mattresses.
My kids that use these beds full time love them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars