Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
What type of people do you look up to the most?

Mevater

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 11:58 am
For me, it's those that give their time and money to charitable causes w/o allowing their names to be mentioned. Those that perform Chesed anonymously.

Also, those that can afford and know how to live ostentatiously and purposely choose to live simply. They don't let on about their wealth prominence or Yichus, if they are wealthy, promimnent or have Yichus, and are not status conscious.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 12:08 pm
I look up to people who are well rounded.
they know thier time and place, and know how to have a good time without offending others.
they are people who make others feel special.
people who are constantly working on themselves, but dont put others down who arent yet on that level.
they take care of themselves, they know that there is no reason to feel guilty if mommy takes time for herself.
they are basically simple, everyday people, and I look up to them for having it all together, even if they dont have everything.

in these days, I find it hard to look up some higher people in our world. I find alot to be based on shakranus, and kavod.
which is why I crave for simpler, down to earth role models. I find them all over. they are to be found everywhere. in the grocery, on the street, your neighbor, sister, or friend.
I look out for these kind of people. they are the ones I try to emulate and learn from.

not to say there arent any higher people in our world today. I respect many chachomim and rabonim. but it is hard to see them living thier dayto day lives and to emulate them.

red sea

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 12:26 pm
pple who live simply and careful about living according to the torah

amother

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 3:21 pm
People who accept you as you are.
People who don't look down at you and ignore you because you aren't as "religious" etc... (YOU CAN"T DEFINE SOMEONES RELIGIOUS STATUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
People who just are simply nice and respectful.

My list will go on.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 6:12 pm
If most people much prefer those that don't flaunt their wealth, how come so many people do it Question

lamplighter

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 6:16 pm
people who are real.
people who respect others.
people who are happy with their lot.
people who do what is right bc its right regardless of e/o else

cassandra

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 6:36 pm
amother wrote:
If most people much prefer those that don't flaunt their wealth, how come so many people do it Question

Because people are insecure and attribute a great deal of meaning to having money, so it makes them feel powerful or well liked. Or they are empty and without money would have nothing to stand on, so they throw it in your face.

bashinda

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 8:41 pm
a lot of negative behavior comes from insecurity it seems. so perhaps I should say I look up to a humble but secure and confident person. Somebody who I aspire to be b'ruchnius. Soembody who balances community and family.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 8:43 pm
tall people, mostly.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 8:44 pm
amother wrote:
People who accept you as you are.
People who don't look down at you and ignore you because you aren't as "religious" etc... (YOU CAN"T DEFINE SOMEONES RELIGIOUS STATUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Or vice versa, people that don't scorn you because you're a frummie or frummer than them or have Chumros or minhagim that you don't understand.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 8:45 pm
Quote:
Or vice versa, people that don't scorn you because you're a frummie or frummer than them or have Chumros or minhagim that you don't understand.

I meant to say people that have chumros or minhagim that THEY don't understand.

Smiles

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 11:51 pm
People that are HONEST!
People who live daily with lots of bitachon and emunah peshuta.
People with enormous amounts of ahavas hashem and ahavas yisrael.
All these holy tzaddikim out there!
People that are smart enough and fill every second of their lives with mitzvos and chessed and do it happily and discreetly!
People that are always happy with whatever they have and accept all hardships with love.
I think my list of people I look upto is endless... there are such wonderful people out there!!

louche

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 9:31 am
letsbehonest wrote:
For me, it's those that give their time and money to charitable causes w/o allowing their names to be mentioned. Those that perform Chesed anonymously.

Also, those that can afford and know how to live ostentatiously and purposely choose to live simply. They don't let on about their wealth prominence or Yichus, if they are wealthy, promimnent or have Yichus, and are not status conscious.
Thumbs Up

also those who have it hard but don't complain about it and those with physical, mental or other limitations who are determined to be as independent as possible.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 12:06 pm
one word. if they are a MENTCH!

OldYoung

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 12:08 pm
people that don't speak lashon hara naturally

Seraph

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 12:26 pm
people that I look up to are those that have a kind word for everyone.

there is one lady I know, that no matter what happens, its always "baruch hashem!" and she means it! depending on how she answers "how are you", in what tone she says baruch hashem, is how you know whats going on. If she's really stressed about work, she'll say Baruch hashem emphatically, meaning baruch hashem, I have a job to get me all stressed. She really is amazing.

I look up to people that are on a high level religiously, but see everyones neshama and treats them as such, and not by where they are holding religiously, yet at the same time try to roe model good heilegeh behavior so that you'll want to model their behavior.

I look up to people that truly respect other deyos, all other deyos, and dont put down/mock because they disagree.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics