Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
2 year old needs glasses

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:45 pm
My adorable 2 year old started crossing his eyes suddenly! I took him to eye doctor he told me to get him glasses right away. The sooner the better his number shouldn’t go up. Looking for some guidance . Don’t really know personally any 2 year olds with glasses. Which glasses store in Boro park fits best for 2 year old? Does it pay to spend on glass that doesn’t magnify as much? Any specific I need to know before buying a pair?? Thanks in advance for any input really want something that doesn’t take away cuteness of his face!!

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:51 pm
My granddaughter needed glasses before she turned one. I understand where you’re coming from but please let me reassure you that she still looks adorable- and now the glasses are part of the precious look.
Call the optical store first to make sure they have frames for toddlers- and someone qualified to fit them. Finding the cute frame isn’t the only thing- it is the fit.

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:53 pm
My daughter got glasses at that age too. I think little kids in glasses are adorable. Diamond vision is supposed to be good. You don't want the glasses to be wider than their face.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:59 pm
My daughter got glasses when she was 2 but almost 3. I got flexible glasses with thinner lenses and made sure it had a good warranty. Ask what they’ll charge if (when!) the glasses break. I got very expensive frames that they swore never break ever and she managed to break them twice!

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:15 pm
Dd got glasses also a bit over 2. First pair we got was miraflex cuz wanted the string behind her head so she shouldn't keep pulling it off. Also their flexible so kinda hard to break.
Ms optical on 16 and 52. They fit great for kids.

periwinkle

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:22 pm
My dd also needed glasses at age 2. Got dilli dalli frames - they're cute and stay on.

amother
Outerspace

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:40 pm
tried other glasses with no luck, kept needing to be fixed, finally went for miraflex, best decision!

mommy12

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:49 pm
We got miraflex for all my kids when they were toddlers. My 10 year old refuses any other type of frame still.

amother
Maple

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:55 pm
Cutest thing ever.

If you don’t go for the miraflex look, there’s another brand called swing that is great. Practically unbreakable and you can add your own band to the back if you feel like she needs it.
The main tip I will give is to be very consistent for the first few weeks. It will take her a bit to get used to them (even if the doctor says it won’t) and if you’re not strict about keeping them on from the first day on, it becomes a game to the kid.
If she takes them off, just put them back on right away. She may need a lot of distraction in the first week.
Also, when you get the frames, Check to see if her eyes are centered on the lens. They should not be close to the bridge, that means it is too big. She should also wiggle her head around a bit to see if they slide around.

amother
Pansy

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:58 pm
My daughter got glasses before she turned one. I was really sad because she has such pretty eyes. Just make sure to google a lot and look at lots of pictures of good fit vs not good fit. Many stores will try selling Jon glasses that are clearly not the right fit but they don’t know better. Do the research so you will. Baby glasses aren’t the most stylish so don’t look for that. We got miraflex at that age were are pretty child proof.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 10:54 pm
Thanks so much for everyone the guidance all stores sell miraflex? He’s a mature boy 2 1/2 years. He’s all proud and telling everyone he’s huge already cuz getting glasses like all big ppl so I hope he’ll keep it on . If anyone can tell me which store fits well in bp and has a decent selection don’t want to run around just get the best right away .. also I heard there is different lens to not make eye look so big but someone told me not to spend on it cuz at this age it breaks and scratches to quick I would spend if needed…

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 11:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much for everyone the guidance all stores sell miraflex? He’s a mature boy 2 1/2 years. He’s all proud and telling everyone he’s huge already cuz getting glasses like all big ppl so I hope he’ll keep it on . If anyone can tell me which store fits well in bp and has a decent selection don’t want to run around just get the best right away .. also I heard there is different lens to not make eye look so big but someone told me not to spend on it cuz at this age it breaks and scratches to quick I would spend if needed…

If he's mature then go for swing. Its next step after miraflex...those are more babyish...yes lenses at that age scratch sooo quickly dont think its worth to upgrade.

amother
Maple

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 11:16 pm
Depending on the prescription you may need to upgrade to thinner lenses. If you go to a store with good service they will give you all of your options. For one of my children I need to upgrade or dcs eyes look triple their size.

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 11:18 pm
Another vote for swing. Extremely durable.
I didn’t like the look of miraflex. Swing is more typical looking. It’s helpful to add stay puts behind the ear if they’re slipping down the nose.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 2:25 am
Thanks so much everyone! I’ll look into the swing company now if I can hear recommendations of store or person in specific store that fits well young kids on face I would greatly appreciate !

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 10:01 am
Anyone good experience by lens center or ms optics for little kids??
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics