Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DD has flu. Pls advise

Can dd go to clubs
Yes  
 10%  [ 5 ]
No  
 86%  [ 40 ]
Other  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 46

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 1:32 pm
We are a fam of 5. 4 of us got vaxxed after succos. One DD wasn’t with us and never got vaxxed. I took her this week for the vaccine. Today she woke up sick. Had a 10:00 appt, after she tested positive I went right to the pharmacy. She had her first dose of tamiflu around 10:40.
Dr said 48 hours on the meds and she’s good to go. Does that mean I can send to clubs on Sunday? Obv it’s gonna be based on how she’s feeling but bh so far it’s pretty mild so have a good feeling ...

Chayalle

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 1:36 pm
See how she's doing. My DD tested positive on Monday, started tamiflu Monday night. I wouldn't have sent her to school today if there was (they are off because of the Holiday and no bussing.) Her eyes are slowly losing their puffiness and no fever, but she's still sneezing and her throat is still sore.

Glad your DD got a mild case. Refuah Shelaimah!

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 1:39 pm
I believe she needs to be 24 hours fever free. You’ll have to see how she’s doing. Even mild flu can last a few days. My son was home Sunday through Wednesday.

amother
Ebony

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 1:44 pm
I didn’t read your full post before voting. If your daughter is 24 hours with no fever on Sunday morning, she can go no problem. It’s a little early to be planning Sunday when this can go so many ways.

amother
Holly

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 1:45 pm
Probably not if she just got sick today.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 1:45 pm
Clubs? No! I mean even if it were to school which I consider more important for her to attend id say to hold her back.

imokay

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 1:47 pm
Tamiflu does not stop the patient from being contagious! It’s meant to lessen duration of the illness. So whether on tamiflu or not, is indifferent to whether you should send her. She needs to be minimally 24 hour fever free and with this flu being so contagious, some doctors are even saying 48 hours. If she has any fever tomorrow at all you can not send her. If she’s coughing or sneezing I don’t think you should send her, even without fever. I don’t think it’s right for her to go to clubs and possibly infect so many kids there.
Refuah shelaimah! I hope her case is indeed mild.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 1:59 pm
Is everyone saying 24 hours without fever she’s good to go? That doesn’t match the results of the poll at all.
She’s not running a fever so far bh

amother
Cappuccino

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 2:05 pm
I voted before I fully read your post.

If she feels fine and is 24 hours fever free it’s fine

amother
Fern

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 2:08 pm
Do you have to let them know today if you need to cancel her slot? Why don’t you come update us tomorrow on how she was feeling tonight and all of shabbos and imadoctors can say what they would do so you can hear all of our 2 cents...

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 2:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is everyone saying 24 hours without fever she’s good to go? That doesn’t match the results of the poll at all.
She’s not running a fever so far bh

24 hrs fever free, she can go.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 2:12 pm
Dr Shanik in Lakewood usually says if your child doesn't have fever the night before after 6 pm, can go to school next day. Not sure if this is true for flu though.

DVOM

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 2:20 pm
My 13 year old went back to school today after having been out with the flu for a week. He ran a fever Thursday, Fri, shabbos, Sunday and Monday morning. By Tues morning he hadn't run a fever for 24 hours but there was no way he could go to school. He was so weak and out of it. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday he stayed home with no fever, weak, achy, coughing, sneezing... Thank God he went back to school today, though I don't think I would have sent him if it was a full long day. I can't remember any of my kids having been this sick for this long.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 2:21 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Dr Shanik in Lakewood usually says if your child doesn't have fever the night before after 6 pm, can go to school next day. Not sure if this is true for flu though.

I’m also in Lkwd. Not Shanik. Said 48 hours on tamiflu and 24 hours without fever.

To the person who asked about reserving a spot- Yes there is a special program Sunday that’s just for this week that I signed her up for.
She’ll be fine if she can’t go but I do feel bad not giving notice

Chayalle

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 2:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m also in Lkwd. Not Shanik. Said 48 hours on tamiflu and 24 hours without fever.

To the person who asked about reserving a spot- Yes there is a special program Sunday that’s just for this week that I signed her up for.

So I guess you need to see if she still has fever tomorrow.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 2:24 pm
DVOM wrote:
My 13 year old went back to school today after having been out with the flu for a week. He ran a fever Thursday, Fri, shabbos, Sunday and Monday morning. By Tues morning he hadn't run a fever for 24 hours but there was no way he could go to school. He was so weak and out of it. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday he stayed home with no fever, weak, achy, coughing, sneezing... Thank God he went back to school today, though I don't think I would have sent him if it was a full long day. I can't remember any of my kids having been this sick for this long.

Gosh!!! No vaccine and no tamiflu??
I come from a family of doctors so the fact that one dd wasn’t vaxxed was “stirring drama”

amother
Daphne

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 2:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So if she’s 48 hrs on tamiflu and 24 hours fever free she can go.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics