Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Tell me about your twin birth
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 1:22 pm
At how many weeks? Any NICU stay? Vaginal or csection or (gulp) both? Any extra details welcome! Thanks!

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 1:24 pm
My story is on here, home birth, full term, natural.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....21312

Beshaa tova, hope your birth goes smoothly and as you are hoping, with two delicious and healthy babies!

amother
Clover

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 1:39 pm
Basha Tovah! It’s a very exciting and special time!

Had my identical twins at 35.5 weeks. Pregnancy was a bit nerve wracking - had early contractions. Was on medication and best rest. Both were natural delivery - my doctor was fantastic. He kept turning them when they weren’t head down. I delivered in an operating room in case I would need a c section. Bh both good weights - 5.14 and 5.9. Had their bris on time.

Feel good and enjoy this special Bracha!

SuperWify

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 2:10 pm
I recently listened to TheMommyDictonary share her story on the Yoledet Academy podcast.

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 2:21 pm
I was induced at 35 weeks. I needed to be induced because of a complication, but once I got to the hospital I started having steady contractions which I think made the whole process go smoother. I delivered both vaginally Bh, in the or with an epidural. It was a smooth delivery Bh but I was also very fit I had worked out up until the end and that really helped me push. They took one of my babies to the nicu right away cuz it was 4.3 which is right under the weight minimum and the other twin went to the nicu a few hrs later because of sugar levels she was 5.3. One twin was there for a week and one for two weeks because of temperature regulation, sugar levels, and tachy Brady’s. Honestly that was the hardest I was in the hospital from 9 in the morn till 12 at night I was falling apart and pumping through it all. But Bh my twins are 4.5 healthy girls.
Basha Tova

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 3:11 pm
My twins are di/did. I went into labor naturally at 38 weeks (just as my doctor was beginning to talk about induction)

I had false labor at 35.5 weeks, at that point my doctor talked about steroid shots, but decided against it. Bh, they needed no NICU time at all, and my son even had his bris on time.

It was my quickest birth, under 3 hours from start to finish. Also one of my easiest labors, I remember thinking that I could handle this and being shocked when my doctor told me I could push already.

Baby A was head down, and baby B breach, but my doctor planned to deliver both vaginally. Then after baby A was born, she realized that B had turned since my last check up and was now head down as well. Both born vaginally, 8 minutes apart. Baby B was a full pound bigger than A

Teomima

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 3:14 pm
Planned c-section at 37 weeks due IUGR in baby B. Bh birth went well, baby B was in the NICU for 3 weeks then came home. Had a few scares but bh everything worked out and both "babies" are now thriving teenagers.

gr82no

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 4:31 pm
amother [ Brass ] wrote:

Beshaa tova, hope your birth goes smoothly and as you are hoping, with two delicious and healthy babies!

Wow! I read you story and that sounds incredible! Their probably almost bas mitzvah now!

Beyla

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 5:31 pm
amother [ Brass ] wrote:

Amazing bh!!!!

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 6:57 pm
Induced at 37 weeks with di-di twins, baby A was IUGR. Resulted in an unplanned c-section after 3 hours (!) of pushing because baby A turned posterior in the birth canal and they tried very hard to turn him around but ultimately could not.

BH both babies were healthy and had nice weights (4.11, 5.13), did not need any NICU stay (something we were very worried about) and even had their brisos on time.

finprof

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 8:06 pm
Mine were born at 36 weeks, natural (not that I didn't ask for drugs but we got to the hospital too late.) They were 4.8lbs and 4.11lbs, the "bigger one" was in the hospital for a few days for temperature control issues.

amother
Green

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 9:27 pm
I had a scheduled c-section because twin A was breach but my water broke at 25 weeks. I had just seen the doctor that day and he said I was doing amazing and would carry full term. Oops! Thank Gd babies were fine after a short stay in the NICU.

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Dec 31 2022, 8:51 pm
Bump.
Please share

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 31 2022, 9:05 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
I was induced at 35 weeks. I needed to be induced because of a complication, but once I got to the hospital I started having steady contractions which I think made the whole process go smoother. I delivered both vaginally Bh, in the or with an epidural. It was a smooth delivery Bh but I was also very fit I had worked out up until the end and that really helped me push. They took one of my babies to the nicu right away cuz it was 4.3 which is right under the weight minimum and the other twin went to the nicu a few hrs later because of sugar levels she was 5.3. One twin was there for a week and one for two weeks because of temperature regulation, sugar levels, and tachy Brady’s. Honestly that was the hardest I was in the hospital from 9 in the morn till 12 at night I was falling apart and pumping through it all. But Bh my twins are 4.5 healthy girls.
Basha Tova

I had both twins vaginally and I'm not very fit. LOL .

I carried the babies until 37 weeks. One was 5.5 lb one 6.2 lbs. Bh no NICU .

amother
Phlox

Post Sat, Dec 31 2022, 9:06 pm
I had my fraternal twins at 35 weeks
I had gone into preterm labor at 27 weeks
Got the shots, and took some pill to stop contractions as soon as they would start
I was in bed and felt a pop ( my water never broke naturally before) but decided not to pay attention
I woke up next morning dressed kids , while waiting at the bus stop I felt intense pressure
I finally send kids off went to Dr
She send me to hospital
There they checked if water broke
One sack broke but the other one was preventing the gush

Had babies in or in case of c section
They were very very into me getting epidural asap
Right as I got ready to push they flipped and baby A came out after one push
Baby B was breached but Dr flipped her BH
8 mins later we had babyB naturally
Baby a was 4.9 and baby b 5.4
Baby b went to NICU because had issues breathing and sugar
But BH both came home with me!
They are literally one of life's biggest brachos!
Enjoy they
They grow up so fast!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 31 2022, 9:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
I had both twins vaginally and I'm not very fit. LOL .

I carried the babies until 37 weeks. One was 5.5 lb one 6.2 lbs. Bh no NICU .

Mine are mono di

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 31 2022, 9:09 pm
Omg I can't believe I'm the op of this thread!!!
Lol!! Bh bh bh I have two adorable, healthy babies, a healthy birth and I'm way past the newborn stage, bh, bh bh! They are almost a year!

Camry

Post Sat, Dec 31 2022, 9:20 pm
My twin girls are almost a yr old too! Can’t believe how a year flies by. Delivered mine at 38 weeks was induced both weighed 5.15. Vaginal delivery. Bh came home with my twins 48 hrs after delivery. What an absolute miracle!

amother
Lightblue

Post Sat, Dec 31 2022, 9:26 pm
OP how did you manage the first year? Are you in 1 piece??

Fox

Post Sat, Dec 31 2022, 10:15 pm
Induced at 35 weeks; vaginal delivery. Each twin was 5 lbs.

They are now 27, k"ah. Both married, and both live a few blocks from me. They got married five months apart, and they had their first babies two weeks apart. I do nights with the newbies, and they're going easier on me this time: one had her second baby at the beginning of November, and the other is due in February.

Honestly, I have no memory of the mid-90s. I had five small kids at once, including 4 in diapers at one point. I vaguely recall that Bill Clinton was President, but I couldn't swear to it. He was President, right? I didn't imagine that?

But now I see my lovely daughters and their adorable kids, and it all seems worth it.

The days are long, but the years are short.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more