Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Kids makeup

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:54 am
do you have any makeup for kids that you would recommend?

my girls like putting on makeup for shabbos (6 and under) and they like doing it by themselves! they are always using my makeup and lets just say its getting out of hand.

I would love for them to have a kids makeup set so they can put on makeup without me stressing.
I see so many on amazon but would love a recommendation. I don't want pretend makeup that doesn't work. I want it to be real, so they see the eyeshadow going on etc...

and just so I don't get comments about kids not needing makeup to be beautiful etc... it has nothing to do with that! they see me putting on makeup "lkovod shabbos" and they want to be big like mommy. this has nothing to do with their self esteem or feeling not pretty enough without makeup at the age of 4...

amother
Poinsettia

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:56 am
Just buy the cheapest of Wet N Wild at the drugstore or AOA Studio at shopmissa.com.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:07 pm
Colourpop is an inexpensive brand which is very popular with younger girls.

It is like H&M for makeup in that it goes with trends but at a low price point. They also carry accessories.

It is also very high quality makeup and is also SAFE because it is made in the USA under for stringent safety controls so no worries about getting makeup that might contain toxic ingredients.

https://colourpop.com

I know adults who use it especially when they want to get colors that are a bit more trendy and don't want to invest a lot of money in higher end brands.

zaq

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:14 pm
I'd steer clear of any brand made in China, including Wet & Wild. Many crayons, toys, costume jewelry and other products made in China contain high levels of lead and other toxins.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:17 pm
zaq wrote:
I'd steer clear of any brand made in China, including Wet & Wild. Many crayons, toys, costume jewelry and other products made in China contain high levels of lead and other toxins.

Agree. Check out Burt's Bee's or something with more gentle/ organic ingredients. The colors will tend to be less clown-like too, so that's a plus.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:21 pm
Wet 'N Wild actually scores higher in safety compared to many luxury brands.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:37 pm
zaq wrote:

I agree regarding makeup especially. There was a big scandal a few years ago because it turned out that the makeup sold in Claires had high levels of lead.

That is why I recommended Colourpop as their product is made in the USA. There was a documentary on counterfeit makeup that is made in China and there was a tour of the Colourpop manufacturing facilities in the US and they were like a "laboratory" in terms of their cleanliness and their ingredients are also very safe.

https://colourpop.com

There really is no excuse for using unsafe ingredients because the cost of ingredients is not what drives the cost of cosmetics since the same ingredients are basically used. It is the branding; how fashionable they are and the packaging that are what separates brands. Also many lower priced brands don't have as much pigment so the eyeshadows require more work to apply.

I am very hesitant to buy cosmetics from amazon or Ebay because there is such a high percentage of counterfeit stuff sold on those platforms. Several years ago I wasn't so aware of the counterfeit makeup and I bought an Urban Decay Naked III palette from Amazon and I am not entirely sure it was authentic. Now I buy from Ulta or Sephora because they always have sales anyway.

A really great present for girls is a subscription to one of the beauty boxes. They range in price from an IPSY bag which is $13 and includes a cute makeup pouch to more luxurious and expensive boxes. The least expensive boxes contain deluxe sample sizes for the most part but are a great way to test products. I subscribed for a while to the more expensive boxes and they were a lot of fun and what I couldn't use, I shared with family and friends. Anyone who needs to gift a girl or who has several girls in the family would probably get a lot of use from a subscription and it is so much fun to open the boxes every month. Some of the ones to try are IPSY, Boxycharm, Fashionsta - a lot of the brands will do what they call mystery boxes where you pay a fairly low price and they send you a box of stuff. Also Tarte - which has great stuff - does a promotion where you can put together your own "box" by choosing options in different categories - e.g. you have choices of foundation; concealer; mascara; eyeshadow; brow product; lip product and generally a cute cosmetic bag as well and the cost is far less than the value of the individual products.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:40 pm
Tinted chapstick and neutral pink powders. My little girls like soft brushes, so the makeup matters less than the soft brushes on their cheeks.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:42 pm
I got my dd her own cosmetic set and cosmetic bag. The make up looks real but it’s fake. I wouldn’t put on make up at that age since it effects the skin in a bad way. Look into authentic looking fake sets on Amazon.

kenz

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
do you have any makeup for kids that you would recommend?

my girls like putting on makeup for shabbos (6 and under) and they like doing it by themselves! they are always using my makeup and lets just say its getting out of hand.

I would love for them to have a kids makeup set so they can put on makeup without me stressing.
I see so many on amazon but would love a recommendation. I don't want pretend makeup that doesn't work. I want it to be real, so they see the eyeshadow going on etc...

and just so I don't get comments about kids not needing makeup to be beautiful etc... it has nothing to do with that! they see me putting on makeup "lkovod shabbos" and they want to be big like mommy. this has nothing to do with their self esteem or feeling not pretty enough without makeup at the age of 4...

Not judging at all, just wondering how you are going to keep it to only for Shabbos as they get bigger?

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 1:03 pm
kenz wrote:
Not judging at all, just wondering how you are going to keep it to only for Shabbos as they get bigger?

It worked with my dds. When they were little they wanted makeup like Mommy. Then when they got a little older and noticed that they're friends weren't wearing makeup, they didn't want it anymore. Then when they were teens they started wearing makeup again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics