Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Bring 1.5 year old to Israel

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 2:43 am
Am I missing something? Is it essentially impossible to bring an American baby between 1 and 5 years old to Israel?
-They can't be vaccinated -too young
-Doesn't help if they recently had covid because PCR tests from the USA apparently don't count

My baby is a little over a year and still nurses. I really feel he is too young to leave behind. How can I go to Israel?

I can't believe that from age 1 to 5 simply can't visit.

TIA.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 4:48 am
I don't know the answers to your questions, but here is a link to the rules:

https://safe.israel.travel/

Raisin

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 4:58 am
Maybe you can try applying to the exceptions committee?

It does seem to be the case. Annoyingly that website doesn't even mention children!

I will add that many countries specifically exclude children from testing or vaccination rules, Israel is alone in not doing this. Which is obviously their right to do, but it is not the norm.

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 6:34 am
So that’s how they are keeping covid out of their country?!
By keeping the babies out?
Genius!

amother
Hyssop

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 6:43 am
Exceptions exist and it’s worth asking!
I was able to bring my 4 kids under 12 before there were vaccines for kids- though it was before Omicron and we have relatives there

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 7:39 am
amother [ Hyssop ] wrote:
Exceptions exist and it’s worth asking!
I was able to bring my 4 kids under 12 before there were vaccines for kids- though it was before Omicron and we have relatives there

Thanks for responding.

What did you do to get an exception?
What time frame was this?

Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 7:44 am
FWIW my husband reached out to one of the organizations that helps get you in and they seemed to say there's no way.

But I really find that hard to believe and think we're missing something.

We have relatives in Israel. But the border is "open" now. You don't need a relative to visit anymore. But maybe it's needed for a baby exception? We will try!

amother
Mocha

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 10:09 am
Op I am in the same boat. I have a 9 month old who my my parents have never seen and now that Israel is open we want to go. But it seems there is no way to take her. The new website doesn't mention children at all. I agree with you that something doesn't make sense, we keep trying to see if we can find a different angle that we've missed.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 10:27 am
Anyone with info or experience please post!

I don't know my way around Dan's Deals, does anyone know if that might be a place to get information and how to get it?

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 10:43 am
You're not "missing" anything. It's widely known that this gap prevent families with young children from visiting due to the fact that their kids aren't eligible to be vaccinated. Maybe you'll find a workaround - though I'm not optimistic - but you're definitely not missing anything obvious.

happytobemom

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
FWIW my husband reached out to one of the organizations that helps get you in and they seemed to say there's no way.

But I really find that hard to believe and think we're missing something.

We have relatives in Israel. But the border is "open" now. You don't need a relative to visit anymore. But maybe it's needed for a baby exception? We will try!

Believe it. Covid regulations are crazy. Whether you're pro or anti-vaxx, nothing about the regulations make sense. The border may be "open", that doesn't mean anyone can get in. It's still very complicated.

Hatzlacha!

agreer

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:16 am
side note: how are babies less than 1 allowed to come in? I know people who have flown with babies.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 1:51 am
amother [ Mocha ] wrote:
Op I am in the same boat. I have a 9 month old who my my parents have never seen and now that Israel is open we want to go. But it seems there is no way to take her. The new website doesn't mention children at all. I agree with you that something doesn't make sense, we keep trying to see if we can find a different angle that we've missed.

I’m pretty sure kids under 1 may travel with you

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 2:30 am
Just spent two days on this and it’s insane

Kids 5+ need to vax - and Pfizer needs 21 days. (No less!) PLUS israel requires additional 14 days post vax, so you’ll need FIVE WEEKS TOTAL before a trip to vax kids and travel

Kids under 1 don’t need to vax. Who knows why or why not.

No mention of kids 1-5!!!!!

The Chaim Vchessed organization is a beaurocracy liaison and can help you navigate these insane rules. I found their website online and they responded within the day

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 5:40 am
Israelis, I am not bashing Israel here but it is pretty clear from this that tourists are more of a priority than people visiting their Israeli family members.

Its kind of baffling that they would make a rule that allows under 1 year olds and ignore 1-5 year olds.

And if you do have such rules, clearly put them on your websites!

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:23 am
You are not missing anything. The way the rules stand now anyone between the ages of 1-5 cannot enter Israel. When there were ishurim they were able to get in if they were eligible for an ishur but when the border opened this became a big issue.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 2:40 pm
amother [ Lightgray ] wrote:
You are not missing anything. The way the rules stand now anyone between the ages of 1-5 cannot enter Israel. When there were ishurim they were able to get in if they were eligible for an ishur but when the border opened this became a big issue.

Is there a place we can apply to for a baby ishur?
So frustrating!

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 3:00 pm
Thank you to those who mentioned the chaim vchesed website. There they clearly say under 1s can come, we booked tickets bh! I wonder why this is not mentioned at all on the Israel safe website.
It's a shame that I can't bring my other children though, where I live they aren't giving under 12s vaccines unless medically necessary. Iyh hopefully things will change by the summer.

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 3:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is there a place we can apply to for a baby ishur?
So frustrating!

Now that border is open there are no more ishurs

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 3:05 pm
I was just at the airport and saw a packed ElAl flight from NY-Israel and there was not even one young child on the flight. So sad 😞
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics