Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Help for women with financially irresponsible husbands
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:29 am
So, update.

My husband actually went out and found a job. Yay! I was so happy and grateful to Hashem.

Then after 2 weeks of training they were like, well, from now on it's going to be only 3 hours per day.

WHAT???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Hire someone and promise them full time and then drop on their head that it's only going to be part time?

I don't even know what to think at this point. Why would hashem do this? I finally felt confident and happy that things were working out and now this.

Can't Believe It

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:49 am
Wow! That is upsetting! What kind of job requires so much trainig for so few hours?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So, update.

My husband actually went out and found a job. Yay! I was so happy and grateful to Hashem.

Then after 2 weeks of training they were like, well, from now on it's going to be only 3 hours per day.

WHAT???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Hire someone and promise them full time and then drop on their head that it's only going to be part time?

I don't even know what to think at this point. Why would hashem do this? I finally felt confident and happy that things were working out and now this.

Can't Believe It

I hate to be so cynical, but I wonder how truthful your husband is being. This doesn't sound very probable.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:56 am
I wouldn't call two weeks a "lot" of training. And he was getting paid for the time. It's just that he was initially told it would be full time. And we even went out and bought a car for him to get to work which we won't be able to afford if his hours are cut way down.

Oh well nothing I can do at this point except daven. I'm proud of my husband for taking this step and trying to be responsible. And he was working hard. He worked a night shift and still came home and helped in the house. I saw such a change in his mood and self respect when he got this job. I'm really hoping things turn around. Maybe they will decide to keep him full time after all

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 12:03 pm
amother [ Arcticblue ] wrote:
I hate to be so cynical, but I wonder how truthful your husband is being. This doesn't sound very probable.

No, I can see his paystubs and time sheets.

He isn't lying

Dishonesty is not one of his Issues BH.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 12:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No, I can see his paystubs and time sheets.

He isn't lying

Dishonesty is not one of his Issues BH.

Ok. But maybe they didn't really promise him a full time job.

Hopefully you're right, but it sounds very strange.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics