Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Trip from NY TO Baltimore and back

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:31 pm
Close family member needs to get to Baltimore for medical reasons. Is there a bus or shuttle that goes from NY to Baltimore and the reverse?

If not, is there an easy way to get thereby Amtrak?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:45 pm
Also, would anyone know the number of a reliable car service in Baltimore?

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Close family member needs to get to Baltimore for medical reasons. Is there a bus or shuttle that goes from NY to Baltimore and the reverse?

There is
And amtrak yes too
I don't know details but yes to both

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:57 pm
Megabus
Bolt bus
Both go to Maryland, near the balt community. ( I think one goes to the Penn station near white Marsh, one goes near Towson.)
I don't think there are "car services" persay in balt. When I was growing up there, there certainly wasn't. There were yellow cabs. Now there's Uber all over.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:11 pm
By yellow cabs, you mean like in nyc where you hail them on the street?

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
By yellow cabs, you mean like in nyc where you hail them on the street?

I think you have to call them to come to you. Baltimore is nothing like NY city. There are no cans driving around that you can just hail. Uber is your best bet.

justforfun87

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:16 pm
There are a few religious people who drive for pay here in Baltimore. Ray is one. 4435707223. There are also a few ways to get from Baltimore to NY depending on how much comfort you need. Yes there are the mega busses, also amtrak which drops off downtown about 15 minutes from community. Ray and the other drivers also do NY drives but I'm sure that is quite a cost. If I'm not mistaken there is also a heimishe bus called Monsey tours that goes from BK to Baltimore and drops off right in heart of community. Those don't run daily. Another bus company is superior tours that also drops off in community. Mega bus is like 30 min away drop off and greyhound is in a rough neighborhood about 20 mins away.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:25 pm
Any idea where I can find phone numbers for superior tours and number to call yellow cab?

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 1:52 am
There’s a ride Gemach in baltimore 1 (410) 358-7433. Call and leave a message. They connect you with people that are traveling to and from baltimore to NY.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 1:56 am
If your part of chai lifeline they have people that volunteer to make the long distance trip out to take you. The number to call is 1 (212) 699-6629.

There’s also bikur cholim of baltimore for rides to and from the place your staying to the hospital for appointments 1 (410) 999-3700.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 6:19 am
https://www.monseytrails.com/baltimore-line

Yiddisha bus. Only weekends

amother
Mimosa

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Where in Baltimore is the appointment? If it's downtown, Amtrak would be the easiest. Make sure it is booked for Baltimore Penn Station (Not BWI Airport, which is a separate stop). Very comfortable and easy ride and the station is in downtown. There are always cabs waiting outside the train station, so you can either get one of those or call an Uber.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 1:23 pm
Hospital is supposed to be close to amtrak station so that's probably the best bet. The only problem is that seems lots of routes were cancelled so in order to be there 7 am, would have to come a day before. So now lodging is needed...

amother
Mimosa

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 1:31 pm
7 am. is early and was never really an option by train even when all routes were running. Definitely come the night before if the appointment can't be changed to later. I urge you to call Bikur Cholim of Baltimore at 410.999.3700 or e-mail them at info@baltimorebikurcholim.com. They can help direct you and possibly even provide housing and/or transportation within Baltimore.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 1:38 pm
Surgery is scheduled for 9 and need to be there by 7 so I guess traveling must be day before. I will contact the Baltimore bikur cholim. Thank you so much for the information

amother
Mimosa

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 1:41 pm
Hope it goes smoothly and Refua Shleima!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries