Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
I cannot talk to my daughter normally
Previous  1  2

English3

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 7:40 am
I had the same with my oldest she felt like she is the mother until today she still believes she can give me parenting and cleaning advice 🤣. Until I learnt to be assertive and just repeat myself and ignore the little comments she says.

amother
Melon

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 9:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She was always a bit rigid...
Its hard to tell from your 1 post if she’s normal obstinate for a 3 year old or if it’s outside the realm of what’s typical but if you’re concerned you may want to have her evaluated for pandas. This isn’t one of the cases that screams pandas to me, I’m just mentioning it because it’s something I wish I knew about when my kid was that age and I started noticing some concerning behaviors. Other behaviors that can provide a clue:
Sleep regression or sleep issues
Behavioral regression
Tics
Stuttering
Hyperactivity
Aggression
Rage
Meltdowns
Sensory issues
Restrictive eating
Stuttering
Anxiety
Phobias

Privet!

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 1:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Lately Dd is driving me up the wall. She gets all crazy about what I say and how I say. We cannot have even one normal conversation anymore - every other word I say has her yelling. If I use a word she didn't want me to use she gets all stressed out that I "used the wrong word". If I interrupt her she says "now I forgot what I was saying". If I repeat something she said and I use one word differently than the words she said she has a full blown meltdown. She'll say things like "No! You're not talking loud enough, I can't hear you". And if I don't hear something she says and ask her to repeat... forget about it.
I feel like I'm living with a teenager, but Dd is 3 years old.
Is this normal behavior?

B"H I am a super calm and happy mother. So is DH. We are both very devoted, caring and involved parents. I can count on my fingers the amount of times I raised my voice.
I don't know where she is getting this from.

May I suggest OT and an autistic evaluation?
Also, if she is autistic, may I suggest that (A) you stear clear of ABA, and (B) you find the Facebook group 'Autism Inclusivity'? You'll find a LOT of resources Smile

smss

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 2:16 pm
So I agree with others to get her hearing tested. If that checks out, I would consider sensory processing disorder and/or anxiety. But I am sure it's nothing you're doing wrong! She is having a hard time for some reason but I highly doubt it's your parenting!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics