Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Pushing MMR and chicken pox vaccine
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 9:01 pm
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
Chickenpox is a childhood illness and irs supposes to be mild. Adults only catch it bc the vaccine schedule messed up all our immunity. Nobody said it's safe for adults to get it. That's what happens when you mess with God's design.

Huh? There was no vaxx. I caught it as an adult and got deathly ill...

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 11:14 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Huh? There was no vaxx. I caught it as an adult and got deathly ill...

It’s rare to get it as an adult. Most people would catch it as children and were done with it and immune for life.

What do you mean when you say you were “deathly Ill.” How are you doing now?
How is your sister doing now?

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 11:50 pm
amother [ Celeste ] wrote:
For those of us who were alive and well before the varicella vaccine was forced in order to attend school, we all know that there weren’t many deaths from chicken pox and that people weren’t that afraid of getting it. The vast majority of children got it and were not living in fear of it. They took off 2 weeks from school and then moved on with their lives. If somebody doesn’t want to give this vaccine to their children, the world won’t end.

I'm 24 now and I got chicken pox when I was a kid. I remember it. We stayed home for some time, took care of ourselves and moved on with life. No Hysteria. I just took the titers test and BH still have strong immunity for it.

amother
Feverfew

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 11:57 pm
It’s rare to get it as an adult. Most people would catch it as children and were done with it and immune for life.

Until they got shingles.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 6:24 am

We are fine now..but almost missed my own wedding..this is over 20 years ago .

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 6:26 am
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
Until they got shingles.

It was chicken pox. Never had it as a child.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 7:02 am
Until they got shingles.

I’m pretty sure one can get shingles if they got the varicella vaccine as well.

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 7:13 am
Chickenpox is a childhood illness and irs supposes to be mild. Adults only catch it bc the vaccine schedule messed up all our immunity. Nobody said it's safe for adults to get it. That's what happens when you mess with God's design.

If her wedding was 20 years ago then there was no chickenpox vaccine when she was little and it certainly couldn't have messed up her immunity for it.

Sorry.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 7:16 am
amother [ Gardenia ] wrote:
If her wedding was 20 years ago then there was no chickenpox vaccine when she was little and it certainly couldn't have messed up her immunity for it.

Sorry.

Funny thing is..I was signed up to get the vaxx as it was just coming out.. unfortunately caught the pox too soon and never got the vaxx

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 7:17 am
amother [ Poinsettia ] wrote:
Are you listening to yourself? So I can't make my own medical decisions, I need to think of your baby, but you feel you can force a medical injection on me. It's a two way street. Again, I'm not vaccinated with the MMR. I take steps to protect myself instead of demanding the world bend over backwards to accommodate my lack of immunity.

You want to vaccinate yourself and your kids, by all means, go right ahead. But you can't demand that the rest of the world follow your choices. Perhaps I should demand that you follow mine and not vaccinate because I'm not.

You keep saying that because you take steps to protect yourself, I have no right to demand that people not expose my baby to a VPD. How's that work?

BTW I'm not hurting you by vaccinating. I'm protecting you. If you have a medical condition that doesn't allow you to vaccinate, I'm sure your medical condition would also land you in the hospital were you to get measles because not enough people were vaccinated.

But someone who decides not to vaccinate IS hurting my kids.

And, btw, in a democratic country, if 95% of the population wants to avoid VPDs, then the other 5% DO have to toe the line - whether by vaccinating, wearing masks, or simply staying home when they are sick or know they were exposed to a VPD.

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 7:19 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Funny thing is..I was signed up to get the vaxx as it was just coming out.. unfortunately caught the pox too soon and never got the vaxx

Like my kids just got covid. TWO YEARS we avoided it and just before there's a vaccine for little kids some scumbag went around spreading Omicron on purpose. (Yes we know it was on purpose.)

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 7:21 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
I’m pretty sure one can get shingles if they got the varicella vaccine as well.

That's probably possible, since it's a live attenuated vaccine. But it would be much more rare than shingles after chickenpox, and you'd probably know if you were at risk for it, long before the shingles actually appeared.

That's my guess...based on simple biology.

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 7:23 am
Until they got shingles.
Shingles has become so common because there is virtually no wild chickenpox circulating and being exposed often is what keeps titers high and keeps the virus dormant.

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 7:55 am

You do realize that chicken pox has long been known to be much worse for adults since literally decades before the Vax existed, right? Plenty of adults got it long before there was any such thing as a vax for it. My grandfather got chicken pox in 1962, caught it from his kids. Spent time in the hospital and was not able to have any more children afterwards.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 8:13 am
Like my kids just got covid. TWO YEARS we avoided it and just before there's a vaccine for little kids some scumbag went around spreading Omicron on purpose. (Yes we know it was on purpose.)

Did your kids recover from covid?

amother
Poinsettia

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 9:52 am
You keep saying that because you take steps to protect yourself, I have no right to demand that people not expose my baby to a VPD. How's that work?

BTW I'm not hurting you by vaccinating. I'm protecting you. If you have a medical condition that doesn't allow you to vaccinate, I'm sure your medical condition would also land you in the hospital were you to get measles because not enough people were vaccinated.

But someone who decides not to vaccinate IS hurting my kids.

And, btw, in a democratic country, if 95% of the population wants to avoid VPDs, then the other 5% DO have to toe the line - whether by vaccinating, wearing masks, or simply staying home when they are sick or know they were exposed to a VPD.

It's sweet of you to be considerate, but I didn't require you to be so protecting of me. That was your choice. If you're so deathly afraid for your children's safety, you should definitely keep them home in a bubble. The world is a very scary place.

Honestly, you sound like the kind of person that would insist on going to a chinese restaurant and demand they start cooking with vegetable oil because of a deadly peanut allergy. Me catching measles really isn't your concern, and no, it would not land me in the hospital.

Anyway, I've said my piece and I'm out instead of going round and round in circles with you. I've made my position clear, as have you.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics