Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Trad Wife/Antifeminsm

behappy2

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 8:41 pm
Curious if anyone heard of this and what you're opinion is. Seems like this can work for some ppl. Reminds me of Laura Doyle philosophy but more extreme.

behappy2

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 3:49 pm
Bumping this up if anyone is interested. It's all about being a traditional housewife, not working, the man being the head of the house... And that this makes marriages better.

SG18

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 4:06 pm
I find that more traditional roles do help my relationship. That being said, I currently work part time/from home, and my husband does the majority of the cooking.

enjoying kids

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 6:32 pm
Well, if it works for you, then it will enhance your marriage.
If it doesn't, it won't.

shyner

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 7:02 pm
I think for some people staying home and being the traditional housewife makes them happy and content and them being happy will reflect in their marriage relationship.
I on the other hand would be get quite depressed if I had to stay home all day cooking and cleaning so I doubt that would do much for my marriage and would probably be damaging. I do enjoy cooking and cleaning but don’t want to do that all day, as an introvert, work is what gives me a semblance of a social life because otherwise I can go months without seeing my close friends.
One thing I particularly take issue with in this traditional wife way of thinking is that a lot of traditional housewives fifty years ago and even today didn’t work outside the house but they have no issue with women doing charity work and volunteering as long as they don’t do paid work, and I don’t see the difference between for example doing a charity event on a volunteer basis and party planing such an event being paid as your job, or any other job for that matter.
I see this in some chassidish communities where certain people are proud of the fact that they always were a sahm but we’re always busy with all sorts of chessed projects, it’s very nice to do those things and there’s nothing wrong but it’s it’s not so different from working from home or even outside the home.

behappy2

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 8:43 pm
Shyner, when you do chessed it's not the same kind of commitment.

The thing I personally dislike most about the Trad Wife movement is the subservience. It's also dangerous for some couples. But I get that it taps into the masculine and feminine of each partner and that has an appeal. Feminism definitely has it's issues it brought up, including but not limited to woman feeling like they need to be both man and woman.

shyner

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 3:37 am
behappy2 wrote:
Shyner, when you do chessed it's not the same kind of commitment.

The thing I personally dislike most about the Trad Wife movement is the subservience. It's also dangerous for some couples. But I get that it taps into the masculine and feminine of each partner and that has an appeal. Feminism definitely has it's issues it brought up, including but not limited to woman feeling like they need to be both man and woman.

Chessed is not exactly the same as having a paid job, but with some of these women I see them giving all their attention to it just like or even more than a paid job and they aren’t there for their kids because they are busy with organising events at all hours of the day.
I agree with you that feminism has caused women to have to sacrifice more in many ways, especially once they have kids, there is no way to be completely devoted to your career and your kids, you have to choose one to focus less on.
But I dislike the trad wife movement how people are convinced that being subservient is good for them, people in many Jewish communities especially yeshivish and chassidish are getting a lot of bad messages as it is we don’t need even more bad messages.

SG18

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 6:19 am
Consensual subservience is not the same as abusive subservience. It definitely shouldn't be a mass mindset imposed on others, but instead a decision a couple makes through clear communication.

sushilover

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 7:44 am
Only a very small minority of tradwives consider themselves subservient, so of course, the media holds up that minority as spokespeople for the ideology.

The only thing all tradwives have in common is that they are proud of being a housewife and mother. This seems like a very positive trend for the world and will result in happier, more successful, healthier members of the next generation.

It is certainly a welcome antidote to the "childfree and proud" or "self-partnering" messages gen Z is receiving on Tiktok, reddit, and mainstream media. If those messages aren't countered, it will have a devastating impact on even our sheltered children.

corolla

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 8:05 am
Check out Classically Abby by Abby Shapiro-Roth (Ben Shapiro's sister). She talks a lot about this.

sushilover

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 8:19 am
corolla wrote:
Check out Classically Abby by Abby Shapiro-Roth (Ben Shapiro's sister). She talks a lot about this.

And the amount hate she receives online for her view is absolutely horrific. She receives so much more hate than any other "trad influencer". I wonder if it's because she is the only Jewish one or because she is Ben Shapiro's sister.

SG18

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 8:32 am
Ben Shapiro is very polarizing, I wouldn't be surprised if that was a large part

ChalieB

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 9:24 am
sushilover wrote:
And the amount hate she receives online for her view is absolutely horrific. She receives so much more hate than any other "trad influencer". I wonder if it's because she is the only Jewish one or because she is Ben Shapiro's sister.

I think she gets so much hate because she advertised her channel incessantly, attracting (and annoying) an audience who would never agree with her. Personally, I find her condescending and not clear or consistent with her points. No hate, but I can understand those that don't like her.

shyner

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 4:02 pm
ChalieB wrote:
I think she gets so much hate because she advertised her channel incessantly, attracting (and annoying) an audience who would never agree with her. Personally, I find her condescending and not clear or consistent with her points. No hate, but I can understand those that don't like her.

I agree with you on this, she does comes across as condescending and a bit like my way is the only way and very self promoting.
I agree with some stuff she says but over all I stopped watching her because I didn’t enjoy it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics