Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
S/o judging working women
Previous  1  2

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 1:36 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Except we did explain? We do love our children and enjoy raising them, we just don't want to be all in all day long. I love my husband and my siblings too, but I wouldn't want to be with any of them all day long either. It shouldn't be that hard to understand 🤷‍♀️

No, not everyone explained and some posters used pretty harsh words. It makes me wonder why they're having kids.
If kids drive someone insane, if someone hates raising children, if someone hates housework, if someone's kids are making them miserable, if someone is ready to kill themselves after being with their children for too long, if one hates being on maternity leave and would rather be at work, if one would rather go to work then spend 1 day with her child, it makes one wonder why they're having kids. For what reason?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 2:30 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
No, not everyone explained and some posters used pretty harsh words. It makes me wonder why they're having kids.
If kids drive someone insane, if someone hates raising children, if someone hates housework, if someone's kids are making them miserable, if someone is ready to kill themselves after being with their children for too long, if one hates being on maternity leave and would rather be at work, if one would rather go to work then spend 1 day with her child, it makes one wonder why they're having kids. For what reason?

Because no matter what my kids do, I still love them to bits and would do anything for them. I want my kids. I just know I don't have the patience to be with them all day. My personality is not built for non stop cleaning and dealing with the children. If they are at school all day, if I have my own life outside my home, then I can be a mother.
It's not all or nothing. Life is made up of ups and downs. Some days I'm ready to tear my hair out and run away, other days I'm loving it and wish it would last longer.
I think I would rather have the self-awareness to know what I can handle and for how long. I'm not of the opinion that I need to martyr myself for my children and sacrifice my being and my own self for them.
I also don't think that because I am only an amazing mother let's say 90% of the time that I can't have children. I don't think there's such a thing as a perfect mother. I believe in the good-enough parent.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics