Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Need fashion advise- Are shells in or out?
  Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 11  12  13  Next

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:23 am
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
Yassssss thank you.

I wonder where these people live and how much they spend on their clothing. Are these the same posters that buy wedding gowns on Ali and shein and swear themselves that it’s just as pretty as a 3k dollar gown? I’m not putting anyone down, wear whatever works for you. But they’re putting others down as nerdy and tragic while I wonder where they’re fashion sense is

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:27 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I wonder where these people live and how much they spend on their clothing. Are these the same posters that buy wedding gowns on Ali and shein and swear themselves that it’s just as pretty as a 3k dollar gown? I’m not putting anyone down, wear whatever works for you. But they’re putting others down as nerdy and tragic while I wonder where they’re fashion sense is

Yes agreed. My wedding gown was a Miri but worn already once so I didn’t spend thousands. You gotta know where to spend and where to not. You can’t be cheap with everything but you can’t buy everything designer. There is a balance

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:29 am
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
Yes agreed. My wedding gown was a Miri but worn already once so I didn’t spend thousands. You gotta know where to spend and where to not. You can’t be cheap with everything but you can’t buy everything designer. There is a balance

And mine was a kleinfelds and I did spend thousands. 9 to be exact. And my sister and myself wore Oscar de la rents dresses to our vorts - with a shell! Can I compete with the shein shoppers now? LOL

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:32 am
And mine was a kleinfelds and I did spend thousands. And my sister and myself wore Oscar de la rents dresses to our vorts - with a shell! Can I compete with the shein shoppers now? LOL

Ooooh we love a good Oscar de la renta
I personally couldn’t afford for my vort but I do spend on a nice peice like that once in a while
Anyway it’s nice to find someone that agrees with me ❤️😊

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:35 am
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
Ooooh we love a good Oscar de la renta
I personally couldn’t afford for my vort but I do spend on a nice peice like that once in a while
Anyway it’s nice to find someone that agrees with me ❤️😊

Great! So let’s be friends and let all the shein and hm wearing shell less people laugh at us Hi

emee2

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:36 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Seriously, what are the ramifications?
Will we embarrass the kids/grandchildren?
Will we not get the job?
).

SHIDDUCHIM!!! « Does thé girls mother wear shells??? »
🤣🤣🤣🤣

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:43 am
Great! So let’s be friends and let all the shein and hm wearing shell less people laugh at us Hi

Let’s

emee2

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 3:09 am
My teenagers also say shells are out but what they mean is tank tops with a shell or t shirts with a shell are no longer fashionable. Of course there is still a need for shells but that look of a pink t shirt and white shell under is more dated. And I think fashion is dependent on your location, age and hashkafa and that’s why this post is 9 pages long with so many differing opinions. I live OOT but if I’m going into boro park, there are things that I wouldn’t wear that in my community are very on point🤷🏽‍♀️

Sesame

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 3:19 am
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
Um what. I’m 21 and live in a very in town community where everyone is trendy. And if someone has a gorgeous designer dress that needs a shell obv u wear a shell. I literally wore one to my vort with a BCBG dress as did many of my very trendy friends. No one wears a chiffon blouse no one even owns one. Anyone whose gonna day a shell is nerdy for a designer dress I’m sorry but your literally wrong and way too involved in trends. As I said before I’ll fitting bags of various linen fabrics are incredibly unflattering. Thank you.

Happen to think this comes off extremely judgemental. I’m older than both of you but I agree with the other poster. Clearly different trends in different places for different ages. But telling ppl they’re way too involved in trends and the way you’re speaking is ugly, I don’t really care what others choose to wear, their choice! This is ugly though.

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 3:20 am
Sesame wrote:
Happen to think this comes off extremely judgemental. I’m older than both of you but I agree with the other poster. Clearly different trends in different places for different ages. But telling ppl they’re way too involved in trends and the way you’re speaking is ugly, I don’t really care what others choose to wear, their choice! This is ugly though.

imaima

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 3:34 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
At first your comment made me burst out laughing that anyone would care that much about fashion. After a few moments it struck me that this was one of the saddest things I have ever read. For someone to be such a slave to fashion to call it nearly tragic to wear something that is not in??? I personally couldnt care less if something is fashionable as long as I look good in it.

It is tragic to be so caught up in one’s own bubble not to notice a variety of new amazing appropriate and modest styles available all around, instead of the good old pinafore+shell look.

imaima

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 3:39 am
This!! I love when posters consider themselves in style and trendy and then attach links from shein and suggest shopping by hm and asos! LOL nobody I know would wear anything from shein or these stores. They’re all in pricey designer things and expensive stuff from Jewish stores. Not meli and junees. And they wouldn’t be caught dead wearing a chiffon blouse especially ones that ties on a bow at the collar Can't Believe It And they’re still very much wearing shells. Who am I taking fashion advice from? Can't Believe It

I hope you realize that cheap brands copy what designers make, just make it in cheaper quality.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 4:30 am
This!! I love when posters consider themselves in style and trendy and then attach links from shein and suggest shopping by hm and asos! LOL nobody I know would wear anything from shein or these stores. They’re all in pricey designer things and expensive stuff from Jewish stores. Not meli and junees. And they wouldn’t be caught dead wearing a chiffon blouse especially ones that ties on a bow at the collar Can't Believe It And they’re still very much wearing shells. Who am I taking fashion advice from? Can't Believe It

Oh ok this makes so much sense! I figured I probably don’t agree with any of tragic’s clothing advice.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 4:32 am
I’m trying to understand why the big spenders got nasty? Is it because of her tone or is it to prove that everyone else is a nerd? Btw I have friends worth 9 digits who buy clothes ranging from asos and junee up until the 5 digits, so there goes that argument.

ETA someone pointed out that the nastiness was a trend throughout this thread since the beginning. Something about number dropping irks me but it’s not fair to make it seem like they started.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 4:32 am
imaima wrote:
I hope you realize that cheap brands copy what designers make, just make it in cheaper quality.

People wish but not quite. Some copies exist and you can tell they are copies, but most are not even close. It more like oh floral is in I’ll make some floral dresses too but it’s not copies and doesn’t look remotely the same.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 4:33 am
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:
I’m trying to understand why the big spenders got nasty? Is it because of her tone or is it to prove that everyone else is a nerd? Btw I have friends worth 9 digits who buy clothes ranging from asos and junee up until the 5 digits, so there goes that argument.

When was this thread not nasty? It was judgmental from the start. Don’t only get upset when it’s the side you don’t agree with.

imaima

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 4:51 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
People wish but not quite. Some copies exist and you can tell they are copies, but most are not even close. It more like oh floral is in I’ll make some floral dresses too but it’s not copies and doesn’t look remotely the same.

I hope you realize that we have internet nowadays. Even those who shop in h&m can find out what is sold in expensive stores.
It’s not like there are some awfully secret trends for rich people only. Most designs have been copied by cheaper brands. But even expensive brands can be looked up. That’s why I don’t get why you think you have access to sone exclusive fashion info just because you can afford it.I don’t get this arrogant tone.

Yes florals by Oscar de la Renta are a much better quality than by asos nevertheless it is the same trend. I am not talking about duplicating exact designs but following general trends like floral prints/ high waists/ exaggerated shoulders. These are done in all price ranges.
Unfortunately it is very difficult to wear truly creative outfits and abide by laws of tzniyus while also trying to look professional but not „nerdy“ but also not like a teen.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 4:51 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
When was this thread not nasty? It was judgmental from the start. Don’t only get upset when it’s the side you don’t agree with.

I skipped 6 pages so I guess I didn’t see that it started earlier.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 4:56 am
And mine was a kleinfelds and I did spend thousands. 9 to be exact. And my sister and myself wore Oscar de la rents dresses to our vorts - with a shell! Can I compete with the shein shoppers now? LOL

Why not continue building the dress rather than wear a t-shirt underneath?

amother
Lightgreen

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 5:00 am
There was a beautiful Zimmerman dress that I found but it was impossible to lengthen without ruining the style so I left it in the store. I then went to Zara and they had the exact same dress with the exact same cut just with a different pattern of fabric. Also the Zimmerman dress was silk and the Zara’s was cotton but it was just as cute . I considered buying 2 and layering the bottom but it looked like the extra weight would ruin the look so I left it. I’ve seen this so often that the same luxe looks are replicated by the fast fashion brands.
Page 9 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics