Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Feeling Undermined
Previous  1  2

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 3:50 pm
Agree that posters need to learn how to speak pleasantly. But it is kind of complicated because it's a very sensitive issue. I don't think your son is "sneaky" but he was looking for a way out and the Rebbe gave him one. Studies have proved that masks are useless (or even harmful) I don't think there's any reason to be concerned about what happened. I would just let it go.
P.S. I also live in an OOT community that was super strict and some people still wear masks here.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 3:57 pm
OP, the reason you are getting very strong reactions is because the rule seems overkill to begin with, not because they have anything against your parenting or anything.

Many countries have stopped Covid testing altogether and at this point, requiring children who are both vaxxed and testing negative to mask up, sounds a little overboard.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 6:15 pm
Michelle123 wrote:
I had no intention of going to the principal. Just looking for some friendly parenting advice from what I thought was a supportive community.Never coming to this forum again.

Sincerely,
Nasty Parent

So basically you wanted everyone to agree with your view and since we didn't we are now bad and wrong and horrible.

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 6:56 pm
Be thankful your son has understanding rebbe who doesn't force students to wear masks that don't even help.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 7:00 pm
LET IT GO

those cloth masks do not do anything, read up on it to reassure yourself

health and happiness to all

(parents cannot control their kids environment fully once they are out of the house, please pick and choose your battles wisely, if the Rebbe is otherwise good tho not on your page on this issue please thank your lucky stars your kid is in good hands all day long)

amother
Azure

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 7:09 pm
you can really reframe this
probably your son asked the rebbe if he cares if he wears it like carefully or all the time over nose in between sips and bites...
and rebbe said not makpid on it
as for the rest of the family
use it as a teachable moment, how to respect a rebbe/classroom/other adults when out of the house
and if your son wants to wear it he can...
so its not really about you and you don't need to feel undermined

amother
Azure

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 7:14 pm
If you make a huge issue in your home about it could be that next time he thinks twice before telling you
and wouldn't want to undermine his rebbe by not answering diplomatically about it

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 9:44 pm
If the teacher saw your son in a mask and publicly ridiculed him for it, then I’d agree you were undermined. In this case it was the school, not the parents, that was undermined by this teacher.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 10:55 pm
He’s lucky and he has a smart rebbe. Family should be happy for him.

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 12:05 am
It’s time to pass the popcorn - or am I late to the party ?

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 8:29 am
op the rule is a given in your comunity but only the girls school followed it through. I find in my childrens school that even though they have the same rule the boys yeshivas are way more chilled about certain rules. In my girls schools they focus more on sitting straight in your desk to learn and its more expected. than boys. YoU must take a bathroom pass to go out however ball playing indoors is allowed. my boys school allows them go out freely to bathroom but no indoor ball playing because they can break lights The teacher saying hes not makbid-its more that he can't be bothered to enforce the rule. He has to focus his attention on the class.He will lool the other way if the mask is off. So your son took it off. and the teacher chose not to enforce the rule and look the other way. You can remind him how important it is to wear one if thats how you feel.( I Remind my kids to behave when they have substitute teachers because zero rules are enforced then) Just like some teachers don't punish when a kid passes notes. Doesn't care if kids have a hall pass as long as everything is functioning. its This is the Rebbes style of teaching. I wouldn't involve the principal. Now if more boys in the class will start getting covid. The rebbe will probably become more makpid and the rule will be enforced. or the principal would be more on top of the rebbe to enforce. Just like if the 2 smart boys are passing notes and it doesn't disturb, the rebbe will look the other way. but if it was a kid with focusing issues or it disturbs the whole class the rule will be enforced. Now the issue is what to tell your girls. because you feel its an important safety rule. If that is your BELIEF. Say, Yes, its very important. Rebbehas different beliefs than us and /or this is the school rule for whatever reason the rebbe couldn't control enforce it.(I try not saying outright Rebbe is wrong) If its not your BELIEF. I would say we have to follow school rules they are there for a reason. girls school is enforcing it, they have their reasons (maybe a very sensitive kid in. The class, more cases,we don't know we just follow rules. Your brother they don't enforse the rules. the have there reason.

keym

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 8:54 am
amother [ Mocha ] wrote:
op the rule is a given in your comunity but only the girls school followed it through. I find in my childrens school that even though they have the same rule the boys yeshivas are way more chilled about certain rules. In my girls schools they focus more on sitting straight in your desk to learn and its more expected. than boys. YoU must take a bathroom pass to go out however ball playing indoors is allowed. my boys school allows them go out freely to bathroom but no indoor ball playing because they can break lights The teacher saying hes not makbid-its more that he can't be bothered to enforce the rule. He has to focus his attention on the class.He will lool the other way if the mask is off. So your son took it off. and the teacher chose not to enforce the rule and look the other way. You can remind him how important it is to wear one if thats how you feel.( I Remind my kids to behave when they have substitute teachers because zero rules are enforced then) Just like some teachers don't punish when a kid passes notes. Doesn't care if kids have a hall pass as long as everything is functioning. its This is the Rebbes style of teaching. I wouldn't involve the principal. Now if more boys in the class will start getting covid. The rebbe will probably become more makpid and the rule will be enforced. or the principal would be more on top of the rebbe to enforce. Just like if the 2 smart boys are passing notes and it doesn't disturb, the rebbe will look the other way. but if it was a kid with focusing issues or it disturbs the whole class the rule will be enforced. Now the issue is what to tell your girls. because you feel its an important safety rule. If that is your BELIEF. Say, Yes, its very important. Rebbehas different beliefs than us and /or this is the school rule for whatever reason the rebbe couldn't control enforce it.(I try not saying outright Rebbe is wrong) If its not your BELIEF. I would say we have to follow school rules they are there for a reason. girls school is enforcing it, they have their reasons (maybe a very sensitive kid in. The class, more cases,we don't know we just follow rules. Your brother they don't enforse the rules. the have there reason.

I agree with this.
The problem is that because Corona is involved it ends up involving Big Emotions.
If there's a school rule that all worksheets must be done in pencil but your son's Rebbi generally makes it clear that that's not a rule he's going to enforce so your son uses pen and now your daughters are upset because they still aren't allowed to.
Or the Rebbi allows water bottles in class. Or not walking in a straight line. Or chooses not to enforce a "only healthy snack" rule
Lower the emotion.

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 9:25 am
keym wrote:
I agree with this.
The problem is that because Corona is involved it ends up involving Big Emotions.
If there's a school rule that all worksheets must be done in pencil but your son's Rebbi generally makes it clear that that's not a rule he's going to enforce so your son uses pen and now your daughters are upset because they still aren't allowed to.
Or the Rebbi allows water bottles in class. Or not walking in a straight line. Or chooses not to enforce a "only healthy snack" rule
Lower the emotion.

right this is not my belief. but I'm trying to look at the problem respectful. Some other posters are coming in too strong with negative emotions against these restrictions.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics